Mega Man X6 Blade Armor model kit coming to Japan April 2023
This rocks, man
A new model kit of X from Mega Man X6 has been revealed by manufacturer Kotobukiya. The kit features X in his Blade Armor, along with his Z Saber, Buster, and multiple accessories and points of articulation. They also note that this is the first time X has appeared as a model kit in this form in twenty years!
The kit will be available for purchase in Japan in April 2023. A release date and all included items have not been confirmed outside of Japan just yet. You can find more information on the Kotobukiya online store, or see below for images and description.
With over 36 million units in sales, the Mega Man series is a beloved video game franchise with fans of all generations throughout the world. Beloved by fans for their fast-paced action and deep storytelling, the games inspired a variety of spinoff games and media, including the Mega Man X series that became a core brand within the franchise.
Now, the protagonist of Mega Man X6, X, is now appearing with newly powered up parts in his Blade Armor form as a plastic model kit for the first time in approximately 20 years!
Thanks to the technology of CAD engineering, the character’s proportions, which are based on the character’s appearance in the game, are faithfully recreated while maintaining an impressive range of articulation that allows users to recreate a variety of scenes from the games!
Deploy the Buster by changing out parts and recreate various scenes with the two included sword-shaped effect and slashing effect parts!
The powerful Z Saber—featured in Mega Man X6 as a key game mechanic and given to X by his dear friend, Zero—and a hand part designed for X to hold the saber are included in this kit!
Customize this kit with parts from the first X model kit in this series to enjoy recreating snapshot moments from the game of X collecting each piece of armor. Other accessories included in the model kit, such as the Buster, large effect parts, hand parts, three interchangeable facial expressions, and the Z Saber make this model kit perfect for recreating many different situations from Mega Man X6.
■ Model Specifications:
- ・The kit includes three interchangeable face parts.
- ・The Buster can be equipped to the model’s left or right arm.
- ・The Buster’s deployed mode can be recreated by changing out the parts.
- ・The kit includes interchangeable hand parts.
- ・The model’s back is equipped with a 3mm connection point, making it compatible with separately sold bases from Kotobukiya’s M.S.G series, such as the NEW FLYING BASE and NEW FLYING BASE Plus.
- ・The head, body, arm, and leg parts are interchangeable with previously sold MEGA MAN X X.
- ・The buster effects and the blade part of the Z Saber are made of clear plastic.
- ・The kit is made of multi-colored plastic and contains pre-painted parts, making it easy for users of all levels to build a model that closely resembles the character’s appearance in the game.
- ・The packaging includes a specially drawn illustration by Mega Man X series character designer Keisuke Mizuno.
■ Included Items:
- ・Interchangeable Face Parts (Default/Looking Forward, Teeth Clenched, and New Shouting/Looking Forward)
- ・Buster Deployment Parts
- ・Four Interchangeable Hand Parts (Closed, Open, Support, Weapon Holding)
- ・Z Saber
- ・Three Saber Effect Parts
- ・Weapon Holding Hand Part for X