Nintendo took these karts in for a tune-up
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe received Wave its Booster Course Pass: Wave 4 tracks this week, and alongside those came an update to Version 2.3.0. According to the patch notes, this update “Improved the performance of some characters and vehicle customizations”… But what does that actually mean?
Thanks to a Japanese Mario Kart blog, and u/Meester_Tweester on Reddit, we can now see exactly what aspects of which vehicles and racers have been adjusted in the latest update. These changes include some pretty major buffs for a wide selection of characters and kart parts. See below for a summary of the changes.
- Ground, water, air, and anti-gravity speed stats have been increased by 1 point for all characters except Metal Mario, Gold Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Wario, Dry Bowser, Bowser, Morton, and Large Mii
- Mini-turbo stats have been increased by 1 point for Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Dry Bones, small Mii, Toad, Shy Guy, Larry, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Mario, Ludwig, Medium Mii, Luigi, and Iggy
- Mini-turbo stats have been increased by 1 point for all vehicle bodies except Pipe Frame, Varmint, City Tripper, Biddybuggy, Mr. Scooty, Landship, Streetle, Standard Bike, Flame Rider, Wild Wiggler, and W 25 Silver Arrow
- Mini-turbo stats have been increased by 1 point for all tires except Roller, Azure Roller, Button, and Leaf
- Additionally, a time trial glitch has been resolved, making time trial records more accurate
Has your favorite Mario Kart character been improved as a result of this patch? Are there any balance changes you’re hoping to see in the future? Stay tuned, and we’ll see if there’s more coming alongside Wave 5!