What's old is new again
RPG Chained Echoes is about to be updated to Version 1.2, which includes a New Game + option. One of the game’s developers Matthias Linda outlined the details of this patch on Steam, where it is currently available.
Switch owners will have to wait a little bit longer however, before the patch makes its way onto consoles. We don’t have an official date just yet, but Linda says it should be “within the next 1-2 weeks”, so hopefully not too much longer. See below for the full patch notes:
- Added: New Game + option in the start menu when cleared save file is present
- Added: New way of obtaining crystals *
- Added: Crystal gather chains **
- Added: Option to lower running speed
- Added: More Stat Boosts and Passive Skills for Kylian for NG+
- Changed: Removing crystals from equipment yields the proper former crystal ***
- Changed: Selling equipment auto-removes the crystal
- Changed: Lowered chance of getting big crystals
- Changed: Crystals with a purity of 0 can’t drop
- Changed: Smoother crafting menu navigation
- Changed: A few enemy stats
- Changed: Lowered bonus from agility passive and class emblem bonus
- Changed: Double Steps & Drunken Master don’t stack.
- Fixed: bug regarding the Shaved Head boss
- Fixed: other minor bugs and collision errors
*When interacting with a crystal source the player now gets a choice of three crystals for every drop. The player can choose one or none. Choosing none gives the player arc depending on their game’s progress. This gives the player more control over which crystals he wants and which he considers useless for his builds. Also, this makes the inventory less cluttered. This whole system can be turned off in the options.
**If the player chooses a crystal a chain starts. The more crystals of the same property are gathered the more likely they will drop. Choosing a crystal with a different property will restart the chain. Choosing none will continue the chain. This makes hunting for certain crystals a lot easier. When a crystal drop is boosted through a chain it is marked as “Boost”
***This only applies to crystals inserted in version 1.2 or higher.