A mega Omega update
A brand new update has been released for Omega Strikers, bringing it up to Version 2.2. This update adds a new surrender option, balance adjustments, map changes, and a lot more.
You can get the full details about this update by watching the video above, or check out the in-depth patch notes below.
- In Normal and Competitive modes, either team may now surrender during the Awakening Draft phase between sets if they have lost at least 2 sets in the game or have a player on their team that is inactive.
- “Inactive” in most cases means disconnected from the match, but will also apply to players that haven’t made any inputs in 40 seconds of one point.
- Everyone on the team (not including inactive players) must vote to surrender for a surrender to occur.
- Teams that surrender lose the match and will lose rank as if they had lost normally.
Auto Match Cancel System
- If a player is detected as inactive early on into a match, the match will automatically cancel
- A player that causes an automatic match cancellation will be penalized as if they had lost the match. This penalty will also apply to players in their pre-made group they queued up together with.
- Penalties will not be incurred if you/your premade member caused an auto-match cancel and it was the first time within the last 2 weeks.
Competitive Mode Integrity Changes
- Players above Challenger will no longer be able to enter Competitive mode in a premade group, they must queue up solo.
- Players that solo queue at ANY rank will benefit from higher minimum rating gains if they win a match to balance out cases where they had to fill into a less than ideal match
- Minimum win rating gains reduced at Challenger tier and above.
New Rank Tier - Pro League
- We’ve introduced a new rank tier: Pro League. Only the top players in each region can qualify to be within the Pro League tier. A player needs to have at least 100 points in the Omega Tier to be promoted into the Pro League tier.
- That doesn’t mean once you hit 100 points in Omega you are automatically added to the pro-league!
- There is a hard limit to the amount of players that can be in the Pro League, so be sure to fight for every LP you can!
- There is no longer a multiplier that will weigh events more favorably later in the game for the purpose of determining the end of game MVP
Game Content Refund System
- All accounts start with 3 refund tokens that you can use to refund eligible content.
- Details on how to use the refund system can be found on our support site.
MAPS AND MODES
Night Market and Oni Village
- Doing some maintenance on these maps by making the Speed boosts boost speed a tiny bit more, but largely aimed at making the rules more consistent.
- Oni Village Core speed bonus :: 75 → 100
- Max Core Speed :: 2,000 → 2,100 (now matches previous Night Market max speed)
- Night Market Core speed boost will more consistently grant speed up to the max (2,100)
- [BUGFIX] No longer will slow the Core down if it’s already beyond it’s max speed (most frequently happens with Energy Burst into strike)
- You can now head into PRACTICE MODE from the queue selector and practice those sick trick shots
- Our favorite app has gone viral: she’s particularly popular and pretty potent. 5 stars. We’re pulling back on how much reach she has, which we suspect will especially tap her down as a goalie.
- Glitch.Pop [PRIMARY]
- Range :: 980 → 900
- Barrier Beam [PRIMARY]
- [BUGFIX] Shield no longer occasionally lets the core pass through.
- Flutter Fly [SECONDARY]
- [BUGFIX] Resolved an issue where quick casts of her secondary in succession via Twin Drive would not correctly apply the full duration of the buff
- Flame Flurry [SPECIAL]
- [BUGFIX] Staggered targets getting hit by the light hit portion will no longer be able to Evade before the final hit
- Clarion Corp has been hard at work upgrading Rasmus’ signature ability, allowing it to benefit from size, duration, and power modifiers such as Monumentalist and Timeless Creator. Note: Death Touch is still considered a projectile during its initial travel, so it’ll will benefit from projectile modifiers such as Missile Propulsion, but transforms into a creation once it expands. We hope this change gives Rasmus some fun new options during the Awakening draft, even if everyone bans him on Ai.Mi’s App!
- Death Touch [SPECIAL]
- Cooldown :: 20s → 18s
- [NEW] Now considered a CREATION after it enters its empowered state
- When Octavia gets flowing, she gets winning. She’s already actually pretty strong AND she has a bugfix buff incoming so we’re making sure she doesn’t flow out of control.
- Flow State [SECONDARY]
- Cooldown :: Increased from 16s → 18s
- Base Duration :: Reduced from 2.5s → 2s
- Haste Gain per Second :: reduced from 2.5% → 2%
- BUGFIX :: Fixed a bug where Octavia would use a random player’s BUFF duration enhancement stat instead of her own to extend the duration of Flow State
- Power Chord [PRIMARY]
- [BUGFIX] Recharge time is no longer unintentionally increased to 8s with Prime Time (always 7s now)
- Iai Rush [SECONDARY]
- Indicator now shows full area he’ll hit, instead of location of his dash. This should be much more accurate for enemies now. Note: it’ll also seem bigger for Zentaro but his range is unchanged!
- Oni’s Blade [SPECIAL]
- [BUGFIX] If a singular enemy is Staggered within the area during the Special, they will be knockback-locked until the final hit
- [BUGFIX] Hopefully no longer falls off the map while in the middle of this Special
- Gear is sitting in a relatively balanced place, but we’re giving Pummelers a bonus to its speed bonus so those KOs translate to wins.
- Speed on Striker Advantage :: 15% → 20%
- We’re welcoming some new Energy related Awakenings, rotating out some Awakenings that have been stifling in high MMR play, and doing some bugfixing and light balance. As a reminder: getting rotated out doesn’t mean gone forever!
- [BUGFIX] No longer shows a warning for Strikers with mobility abilities
- Bulk Up and Peak Performance
- [BUGFIX] Tooltips in game now accurately represent the extra stats given for Stagger
- Primary ability hits 10% harder → 5% harder
- Super Surge
- DASH, BLINK, and HASTE abilities hit 20% harder → 25% harder
- Adrenaline Rush
- Stagger Swagger
[NEW] Evades refund 5 Energy (15 from Energy Bursts). Reaching max Energy grants 75% Speed for 8s, reducing to 5% Speed while you remain at max Energy.
- [NEW] Gain 50% more Energy from dealing hits. Being hit generates 3 Energy (1 for LIGHT hits).
- [NEW] Gain 10 Energy on round start. Casting Energy Burst restores 30% of max Energy to other allies and Speeds up your whole team by 40% for 5s.
- [NEW] Gain 250 max Stagger and .8 Cooldown Rate per 100 max Stagger.
- Some Goal explosions no longer look very low quality on Ultra or lower settings.
- UI Mission Timers are now all displayed correctly.
- Strikes are no longer able to “stop” the core in some situations
- MVP animations no longer “pop back” to idle just before transitioning to the end of game screen.
- Audio and SFX are no longer dropped during active gameplay.
- If Vyce is KO’d while using Super Nova [SPECIAL], the VFX will no longer remain playing for the entire match.
- Striker Ability Information UI will no longer get stuck for controller and gamepad during a match.