Sounds beautiful to me
Trombone Champ has been updated to Version 1.23A on the Switch. This update includes a couple of new tracks, the ability to “engoldenate” cards, bugfixes, and more. The developers also shared a look at what’s planned for the game’s next update. See below for the full patch notes.
- Added two new tracks: the famous American folk song “She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain,” and the famous Chinese folk song “Jasmine Flower (Mo Li Hua).”
- To go along with Mo Li Hua, we’ve added support for Simplified Chinese & Traditional Chinese! Please note: if you’ve already launched the game and selected a language in the settings menu, you’ll need to switch languages manually. If you haven’t manually selected a language, the game should default to whatever your Nintendo Switch™’s system language.
- You can now “engoldenate” cards if you have 15 or more copies of them! This was the last real chunk of functionality in the PC version that was missing from the Nintendo Switch™ version. Please note that the engoldenation functionality on Nintendo Switch™ is slightly different from the functionality on PC and Mac… you don’t need to beat the game to engoldenate cards, the values of cards have been tweaked, and a few other things have changed very slightly.
- More funny facts added to the loading screens. Here’s another funny fact… there have always been 25 songs in the code, but due to a minor bug, the game would loop back to the first fact after #14.
- Adjusted some in-game logic to match recent updates for PC. Mainly, slides are now slightly more forgiving in terms of point values.
- Fixed an issue where changing control types during gameplay could lead to some slightly weird behavior of the menu.
- Scattered tiny fixes to localized language in French, Japanese, and other languages.
- Fixes for minor issues that could arise with settings when switching between save slots.
- More tiny fixes and optimizations.
- More content, which is currently a secret, but you can probably guess based on these last few updates.
- Adjustments to the “She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain” track. On PC & Mac, we’ve made the track slightly more forgiving and adjusted the audio. Those changes should make it more fun to play, and more obvious what rhythms you should be playing.
- More control options, settings, and fixes.
- Additional bugfixes and improvements!