That's a lucky escape!
Overlord: Escape from Nazarick was previously announced to be coming to Nintendo Switch in digital format, but now we know that this Metroidvania game will be getting a physical release as well. The catch? It will only be directly available in Japan. Fortunately, the game will have support for English language, so you can pick it up even if you don’t speak Japanese. It’s available for pre-order right now from import site Play Asia.
Both the physical edition and digital editions of the game are scheduled for release on Switch June 16th, 2022. The digital price is $29.99, while Play Asia has the physical edition for $32.99. For more info on the game, see below.
The rich world of Overlord is yours to explore in this robust, story-driven Metroidvania. Play as fan-favorite Clementine and delve into an entirely new chapter in the Overlord series, brought to life under the supervision of the original creator, Kugane Maruyama. Whether you’re new to the series or a diehard fan, there will be plenty for you to discover and enjoy in this dark fantasy action-adventure that ensnares you in a web of intrigue in typical Overlord fashion.
- Escape the Great Tomb of Nazarick - At first, Clementine will be unarmed and, thanks to her amnesia, unable to exercise the full extent of her abilities. She will need to explore every inch of the Great Tomb of Nazarick in order to regain her arsenal of weapons and powers and use them to make her escape
- Action-Packed Parkour - Clementine’s incredible agility allows her to perform superhuman feats of parkour that will help her navigate her environment in a variety of ways
- Martial Arts and Magic - Make use of Clementine’s wide array of abilities to boost her firepower and mobility. Mastery of different types of magic will be essential in exploring the various stages of the game
- Upgrade Weapons - Upgrade the weapons you find around the Tomb to exploit your enemies’ weaknesses and hone your favorites to perfection
- Regain Clementine’s Memories and Uncover the Truth - Clementine’s memories will be hidden throughout the various stages of the game in the form of memory fragments. Find them to unravel the many mysteries surrounding Clementine’s current predicament