A truly seaworthy update!
In February 2021, Colorado-based game developers Smash House Games released Smash Boats, an arcade action boating game, for Nintendo Switch. Today, the developers have announced the addition of an upcoming update for the game which promises 4-player couch co-op and a selection of party games.
A trailer for the new update can be seen above, and it features the chaotic, fast-paced gameplay of Smash Boats in the new co-op mode. Several different boats are featured, along with a variety of pools that players can find in the game.
The new update is set to release on August 18th, 2022. It will be a free update. More information on Smash Boats can be found below, detailing its gameplay and key features.
WHAT IS SMASH BOATS, ANYWAY?
Smash Boats is an action game with a seemingly simple goal: Smash everything in sight to conquer all the arenas (pools)! Sounds easy – but with relentless enemies, zany Mayday events, and unusual water hazards that can hinder your progress … it’s anything but, really. We’re talking about arcade-style difficulty in a glorious, colorful package filled to the gills with boats, special moves, wacky events, obstacles, and more. So if you end up having trouble completing some stages on the Nintendo Switch, just have a friend join you for couch co-op! More than two? Party games – all 3 of them, all new – support up to 4 players.
- A boatload of pools to smash in – including a toy chest, a pool table … and even a toilet!
- 18 boats with unique smash-abilities such as: frying pan, shark bite, lasers, water-pound – and many, many more.
- All boats can also submerge, ram, backward ram, power turn, and brake.
- Conquer stages and collect stars to unlock new boats and pools!
- Couch co-op (2-player co-op) and Party mode (3 competitive party games for 1-4 players) are exclusive to the Nintendo Switch – for now, at least.