The Battle of Polytopia, a fast-paced turn-based strategy game, has been announced for Nintendo Switch. Developed and published by Midjiwan, it will be released digitally on October 13th, 2022 for $19.99 USD. A Deluxe Edition, priced at $41.99 USD, will also be available, and it will include the All Special Tribes DLC. Check out the latest trailer for The Battle of Polytopia above and details below.
The Battle of Polytopia’s arrival on Switch will mark the first time it will be available on home consoles. Downloaded over 16 million times across PC, Mac and mobile devices, the game is known for its strategic depth, simple interface and visually distinct art style. It’s even earned quite the reputation among Tesla vehicle owners thanks to its availability on their dashboards.
Set on the Square, or the bizarre home planet of the bellicose Polytopians, The Battle of Polytopia has players become the ruler of one of 12 tribes, each with their own characteristics and technologies. Build and expand your civilization of choice by competing with other tribes, researching new inventions, and harnessing the powerful magic you find along the way.
“Polytopia was made for strategy fans looking for quick yet challenging bursts of world domination at home or on the go. It’s a perfect fit on Nintendo’s hybrid console,” says Christian Lovstedt, GM at Midjiwan AB. “Our existing players have labeled it as chess for the 21st century!”
A complete list of features found in The Battle of Polytopia on Switch are below:
- 4x (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate)
- Exploration, strategy, farming, building, warfare and technology research
- All 12 Regular Tribes: Xin-Xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk
- Three game modes – Perfection, Domination and Creative
- Mirror Matches (Meet opponents with the same tribe)
- Configurable map types – Dryland, Lake, Continents, Archipelago and Water World
- Wide range of different tribes with unique nature, culture and game experience
- Auto generated maps make each game a new experience
- Allow offline game play
- Pass & Play
- Really Cute low poly graphics
The game is currently available on Steam, the App Store, Google Play and Tesla Arcade.