UK software sales for the week ending Oct. 1st, 2022
Soccer leads the pack
It took a little bit longer than usual, but we finally have the sales info on the most recent week in the UK. As always, you can find the top 40 below, along with some notes on points of interest. The UK sales for the week ending Oct. 1st, 2022 are as follows:
- FIFA 23 beat FIFA 22 launch sales
- sales for this year’s installment went up 1.6% compared to 2021
- FIFA 23 Switch sales represented 6% of total sales
- FIFA 23 launch sales on Switch were 20% higher than FIFA 22
- Splatoon 3 saw a slight 14% decline in sales week-on-week
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga sales grew 252% week-on-week
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero entered the list at #18
A game from 2018 tops the charts. Seriously I’m surprised so many people accept FIFA legacy edition.
Sadly, I'm not surprised. In western Europe, soccer is king so they'll take anny crap if it's officially sponsored, and even when not, it can score high.
The Switch Legacy Edition version isn't top of the charts. It only accounts for 6% of the total, which while crap, isn't surprising given it's so lazy, but it's also a big improvement on sales of previous years. I can remember when Switch got the lazy but not quite as lazy as it is now editions and Switch accounted for 1% of the overall sales.
So in a way I can see why EA went the Legacy Edition route. What's not been mentioned is that the Switch version is €40 compared to €70 for next gen, so that's likely what's prompted its modest increase in sales.