Don't Starve Together gets considerable content update today
You won't starve with all this fresh content!
The Switch version of Don’t Starve Together has gotten a sizable content update today, and it aims to bring parity between this version and other platforms. There’s still a little bit left to tackle, but by and large, this is a considerable amount of fresh features, tweaks and more.
While we don’t know the version number of this update, we do have the full patch notes. You can read a complete breakdown of what’s included below.
Summer Cawnival Updates
- Added 3 new carnival games: Nest Defender, Cuckoo Spinwheel, and Birdhouse Ball Drop.
- More prizes are now available at the Prize Booth, including: Light Catchers, the Mini Tower Drop egg ride, and 3 new Midsummer Night Light designs.
- The Gold Mystery Box is now available at the Prize Booth with 12 unique statuettes to collect.
- Crow Kids now enjoy festive treats and sit by the campfire.
- Fixed a rare bug where the server could end up being unable to save the game.
- Fixed a rare crash with Steam Workshop mods failing to unzip.
- Fixed a rare crash after a follower stops following or is killed.
- Fixed a rare crash with Pengulls eating food.
- Fixed a rare crash with expired Traps existing in the inventory when it should not.
- Fixed a crash with Produce Scale and the Fish Scale-O-Matic trying to weigh wrong items from the player.
- Fixed an issue where creatures would not use the correct run speed while swimming in the water.
- The Special Events crafting menu filter will now show while free crafting is enabled.
- Wortox will now get souls from exploding Slurtles, Snurtles, and other explosive creatures.
- The rocks from removed Sea Weeds will now show up on the minimap.
- Moose/Goose obituaries will no longer flash rapidly when scrolling through the menu.
- Pond fish now cast shadows like ocean fish.
- Fixed using Abigail’s Flower on followers other than Abigail causing Abigail to unsummon.
- Fixed an issue with profile flair and profile background selections being unable to be removed.
The Curse of Moon Quay
- Map controls will now be more intuitive.
- Zooming will now focus on the cursor.
- An option in the advanced settings can be used to disable this feature.
- Zooming in and out will now be smooth.
- An option in the advanced settings controls how fast zooming is.
- Rotating the map will be around the current location and not the player.
- Controllers will see a smooth directional panning experience.
- Panning the map will try to keep a portion of the map visible on the center of the screen.
- Some mods that interact with the map or create new map instances may need to be updated for some of these features to work.
- Food affinity now takes into account Warly’s spices.
- Mods that require a spiced food will still function as expected. Having an affinity for a spiced variant and a regular food item will use whichever gives the most benefit.
- Chat auto completion text will now display on top of the chat.
- Cactus and Oasis Cactus have been added to world regrowth.
- Reeds and Cactus now have settings for world regrowth.
- Big Woby will now eat the food given to her instead of staring at it.
- Merm King trades have Gnomes replaced with Hardened Bungs.
- Reduced the cost of the Sea Fishing Rod.
- Fixed Malbatross death animations and ocean based attacks when the Malbatross is over a boat.
- Fixed particle emitters from emitting during a crash screen.
- Panning the map with the mouse will now follow the cursor accurately and precisely.
- The map will update its texture size to fit a newly resized window.
- Fixed Merm King bonus to loyalty time not being applied.
- Fixed a rare crash with the Clean Sweeper.
- Fixed bird cages having invisible birds in various situations.
- Fixed profile flair and profile backgrounds turning themselves off when navigating between the two menus.
- Fixed Winona taking food penalties when trading items.
- Fixed Birchnut trees dropping Birchnuts on the wrong side.
- Fixed friendly shadow tentacles not spawning on boats.
- Fixed highlights not showing on clients for the Houndious Shootius, Deck Illuminator and Lightning Conductor.
- Fixed Walter’s Camper’s Tent having the same descriptions as the Tent Roll.
Wickerbottom Refresh – One For the Books
- Wickerbottom can no longer be forced to fall asleep.
- Wickerbottom can now craft the following new books:
- The Angler’s Survival Guide
- Pyrokinetics Explained
- Overcoming Arachnophobia
- Tempering Temperatures
- Lux Aeterna
- Practical Rain Rituals
- Lunar Grimoire
- Apicultural Notes
- Horticulture, Expanded
- The Everything Encyclopedia
- Lux Aeterna Redux
- Wickerbottom can also build a cabinet to help conserve her books.
- Tuned Wickerbottom’s stats when it comes to eating stale and spoiled food and her health.
- Shadow Creatures now spawn when Wickerbottom attempts to read her books while insane.
- Added the Hostile Flare.
- Added the Fencing Sword for riposting fences.
- Maxwell now suffers 2.5 times the sanity costs as Wickerbottom when reading Wickerbottom’s books.
- Wortox will be able to Soul Hop to past explored locations through the Map.
- The cost of souls is proportional to the distance traveled.
- There are visual indicators to show cost increases.
- Wortox will now be able to Soul Hop a second time for free if done within a short time of the last.
- Wortox will get slightly more hunger from eating souls.
- Wortox will gain a small amount of sanity for being healed by a soul.
- Wortox Souls now only heal hurt players and have more diminishing returns when healing groups of hurt players.
- The Wortox who deals the killing strike is guaranteed at least one soul.
- This is intended to help prevent fighting for nearby souls when souls are being created but prevents boss soul drops from being fully claimed.
- Winona will no longer feel hunger drains when standing still after crafting something.
- This is intended to stop punishing players who spend time navigating through the crafting menu.
- Walter will no longer be knocked off of Woby if the damage taken is light.
- Too many light hits received in a short period of time will knock Walter off of Woby.
- Walter will no longer draw the attention of nearby monsters when attacking with Poop Pellets.
- Willow’s speech file has been updated for Steam’s word filter list.
- Bee Guards will now surround their current Queen to protect instead of staying off to the side.
- When near an Ocean Trawler while holding an Oar, the default action will be to raise or lower the Trawler.
- However, if the player is too far away or unable to reach the Ocean Trawler, the Oar’s row action will take precedence.
- Klaus will now step over the Loot Stash.
- Cave Holes now have a better collision mesh to support players teleporting into the region without causing camera issues.
- Controllers have aim assistance when facing towards these and nearby.
- They will actively try to remove players on top of them.
- The Lazy Explorer now does Walking Cane damage.
- Added console commands c_setrotation(), c_rotatecw(), and c_rotateccw() to set the rotation of a selected object.
- For worlds affected by incorrect fence/gate orientation issues, these commands may be helpful to fix them.
) sets the rotation of the selected object to
) rotates the selected object degrees clockwise. If is not specified, then the selected object is rotated 45 degrees.
) rotates the selected object degrees counter-clockwise. If is not specified, then the selected object is rotated 45 degrees.
- Stone Fruit will no longer require being dropped individually for explosives to crack open.
- Explosives will stop applying work after hitting 20 unique inventory items to reduce server strain.
- Sprung traps will no longer be picked up with their contents and automatically reset.
- Polly Rogers and Lazy Foragers will now share the same logic for what to pick up.
- They will now check traps that have items in them.
- They will no longer try to pick up Bundling Wraps or their papers.
- They will no longer try to pick up any item that has a container.
- Celestial Crowns, Tackle Boxes, etc.
- They will try to not pick up the same item their owner is trying to pick up.
- Polly Rogers will ignore hostile creatures if they are also invisible.
- Fixed incorrect death announcements when a player died as Wonkey.
- Fixed Second Chance Watch reviving at the wrong position when a player died as Wonkey.
- Fixed the Map getting stuck being visible when changing to and from Wonkey.
- Fixed screen and HUD flicker sometimes during Wonkey transformations.
- Fixed bug where Wonkey transformation may get stuck while mounted.
- Fixed Wortox Soul Heal mistakenly trying to heal Wanda players.
- Fixed Wortox being able to hold more than 20 souls if the souls were going directly into the active item slot.
- Fixed a bug allowing creatures to move off of boats if they are unloaded in a specific order.
- Fixed an issue where Boat Rudder controls would sometimes get stuck without being able to control it.
- Fixed Double Fence Gates sometimes not opening correctly on rotated boats.
- Fixed a crash related to the Monkey Queen taking tokens from an invalid player.
- Fixed a crash related to the Boat Magnet Beacon and the Strident Trident.
- Fixed a crash related to the Pirate Stash and Accursed Trinkets.
- Fixed a crash related to Webber and Spitter Spiders.
- Fixed a crash related to Gingerbread Pig Houses and them being created from mods.
- Fixed a crash related to crafting.
- Fixed chat input not having an edit bar.
- This change also moves the autocomplete box to be below the chat input until the engine can be changed to support rendering the edit bar regardless of hierarchy.
- Fixed an issue where Fish escaping from a full Ocean Trawler would spawn at (0,0,0).
- Fixed an issue with the Map focus function not using deltas for mods.
- Fixed various skins related bugs.
- Fixed an issue with Killer Bee Hives and other spawning prefabs trying to target invincible players.
- Fixed Boat Cannons, Directional Signs, and Winona’s Catapult sometimes not loading with the correct orientation when placed on rotated Boats.
- Fixed sounds not playing when placing Boat Bumpers.
- Fixed items picked up into the active item slot visually appearing from random spots on the screen and not playing sounds.
- Fixed several bugs that occurred when teleporting off a boat.
- Fixed player disappearing momentarily after using Gnarwail Horn.
- Fixed fence orientation on rotated boats loading incorrectly when placing a fence, rotating the boat at certain angles, and then saving the game.
- Fixed bug where monkey island sounds could be heard at the center of the world.
- Fixed Sewing Machine going invisible when being hammered.
- Fixed an issue with player animations not showing all of the swipe effects when interacting with items.
- Fixed Wolfgang’s sanity with nearby monster players and now adheres to PvP properly.
- Fixed bug where clients may falsely appear to be able to craft Living Log ingredients even when not playing as Wormwood.
- Fixed bug with Abigail Flower’s inventory icon when reloading a Forest only server.
- Fixed broken FX animation when hitting the Gigantic Beehive.
- Fixed Enlightened Crown not working on characters like Maxwell who have maximum sanity limits.
- Fixed crafting UI not updating properly when host opens/closes containers.
- Fixed various audio bugs.
- Fixed bug with Milkmade Hat being lost when given to an npc that can accept hats.
- Webber can no longer sleep in level 1 dens left by Spider Queen.
- Fixed bug where Banana Bush may sometimes stop growing after picked.
- Fixed breaking docks not destroying walls at the corners of the dock.
- Polly Rogers will no longer get stuck trying to give the hat wearer an item when their inventory becomes full and will now drop it on the ground.
- Polly Rogers will no longer get stuck in a fear state when running away from hostile creatures.