Just in time for...Fall?
Saber Interactive and 34BigThings have announced that Redout 2’s first premium post-launch content, the “Summer Pack” DLC, is now available on Switch. The DLC is free for Season Pass owners, or available as a standalone purchase for £8.59/9.99€/$9.99.
The “Summer Pack” introduces a new environment to the high-speed anti-gravity racer: the Caribbean Dam. The new environment introduces four new tracks (three base tracks and a boss track), all of which are reversible, plus 29 new career events and 30 new items such as liveries, colors and cosmetic pieces. In multiplayer lobbies, the new tracks will be accessible by all players in a party as long as one player in that party has purchased the DLC!
Redout 2 has also gotten a new patch, unlocking a variety of new quality-of-life features along with general UI improvements and game fixes. You can see the full patch notes below.
- Added the ability to choose lap count for all races in private multiplayer sessions
- Added Quick Restart option to Time Attack races
- Added a new widget to display the music track played during races
- 100+ aesthetic rewards have now been unlocked
- Fixed an issue with players sometimes clipping through the tracks on Tartarus
- Fixed the naming of rewards being misleading after the completion of a race
- Fixed players being kicked out from groups during multiplayer races
- Fixed instances where assisted controls are not behaving correctly on reverse tracks
- Fixed an exploit where AI ships crash immediately on Cloud Ocean - Mistral Reverse
- Additional performance optimizations
- Fixed instances where achievements were not unlocking for: Fashion Racer, Try them all, Sweats Profusely and Grand Slam
- Improvements to track design and signage on parts of Tartarus
- Time Attack and Speed times further refined in the campaign to be more accessible
- Added a new UI element in track select that indicates the length of track the player is about to race in (Short, Medium, Long, Extra Long)
- Additional UI and UX improvements to the Photo Mode feature set
- The campaign rewards UI now displays what team each reward is for
- Added new effects when your craft is affected by environmental temperatures
- Added option to disable Kinetic lines in the Options