Elevator Action Returns S-Tribute hits Switch on Dec. 1st, 2022
This game has its ups and downs
Publisher City Connection has announced that they’re bringing Elevator Action Returns S-Tribute to the Switch on December 1st, 2022. This title will include English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Traditional Chinese language options.
Elevator Action Returns was originally released as a 2D side-scrolling shooter game by TAITO in 1995. This game is a reproduction of the home console version released by Bing in 1997.
Select one of three special forces members—Kart Bradfield, Edie Burret, or Jad the Taff—then start the game. Grab data from all the red doors, then escape the stage.
When every stage has been cleared, players will also be able to play the first game in the series, Elevator Action (single-player only).
Elevator Action Returns S-Tribute includes a number of quality-of-life features and additions that were never present in the original release. Here’s a complete rundown of the new options available to players.
- Rewind – Rewind gameplay a by certain amount of time and resume.
- Slow Mode – Slow game pace down with a single button press.
- Quick Save / Load – Save game state at any point.
- Unlimited Credits – The limit on the number of continues can be disabled, allowing for infinite continues.
- Stage Select – The game can be started from any stage.
- Increased Healing – Increase the amount of damage healed by obtaining healing items.
- Lives – Player character lives can be increased up to nine lives.
- Sub-Weapon Buttons – Sub-weapons are normally used by pressing the shoot button and jump button at the same time, but this can be set to any other single button.
- Changing the Amount of Damage – You can change the amount of damage you’ll get when the enemy hits you.
- Keeping the Same Weapon – You can keep your machine gun or rocket launcher if it still holds bullets on to the next level.
- Scan Lines – Mimics the nostalgic CRT monitor display.