Out biggest wave of info yet
Nintendo has been steadily releasing information, footage and more for Fire Emblem Engage over the last few weeks, but today they’ve opened the floodgates. We’ve just gotten a ton of footage, along with a massive amount of details on various gameplay mechanics, characters and more. You can see the complete round-up of all that information below.
- when a unit equips a Ring, the unit and the Emblem will enter a “synchronized state”
- When in that state, the unit will enjoy various benefits
- benefits include beefed up abilities and access to certain Skills
- the unit wearing a Ring and its associated Emblem can merge
- this game mechanic is called “Engage”
- when “Engage” is active, the unit can use special weapons (Engage Weapons), special skills (Engage Skills), and extremely powerful moves (Engage Techniques)
- Synchro Skills: available simply by equipping the Ring
- Engage Skills: available only when the Engage state is active
- Engage state only last 3 turns
- after those 3 turns, the unit returns to the Synchro state
- every time a unit engages an enemy unit in combat, the counter goes back up
- Fighting Style is directly tied to the Unit’s class
- Fighting Styles revealed so far include the following:
Dragon, Cavalier, Magic, Qigong, Cooperation, Heavy Armor, Flier, Stealth
- Marth is known as the Emblem of Beginnings
- Alear wore Marth’s Ring the entire time they were asleep
- Marth can defeat enemies with brilliant attacks and swift movements
- Marth is compatible with pretty much any unit
Marth’s Skills are as follows:
- Synchro Skill: Nihil. It prevents enemies from activating their skills in battle, making it harder for them to hit you when you attack them.
- Engage Weapon: Rapier. Deals extra damage to Cavalry and Heavy Armour units.
- Engage Skill: Godspeed. Increase the number of attacks per turn by 1. If your unit can launch a counter-attack, they can hit enemies up to 3 times per turn!
- Engage Technique: Star Rush. Unleashed a flurry of speedy attacks that inflict lots of damage. When used by a Dragon unit, the number of attacks is increased by 2, which is why Marth is a great Emblem for Alear!
Finally, we have a host of videos that show off more characters and gameplay footage. You can find all of those videos below.
- the Crown Prince of Brodia
- Diamant received an elite education and has the trust of the people
- Diamant has a very serious and stoic personality, and deeply respects his father
- Alcryst has low self-esteem and is very negative about himself
- he tends to compare himself with his older brother
- Alcryst has good social skills and has a firm understanding of his duties as a noble