Disgaea 7's Evilities and Dobilities detailed, plus more character classes
There's a lot to keep up with!
Just a few hours ago, we shared a bunch of details on the Ranked Battles in Disgaea 7, which is the first time that feature has been included. Following that wave of info, a new round of content has come in. In particular, we learned about Evilities and Dobilities, plus more character classes. You can see the complete breakdown below.
Special attributes possessed by each character. Each character has a Unique Evility and Generic Evilities that you can allocate within their cost.
Unique abilities that affect the field when the character Dodeka Maxes. When Dodeka Maxing, the ability will affect both allies and enemies.
Evilities and Dobilities Examples
Warrior (Male) – Melee Attack Type
- Wild Cry – Increases stats by 10% per adjacent enemy unit.
- Shaking Excitement – Increases stats by 3% per enemy on the map.
- Increases stats by 20% for all characters.
A close-range fighter that has high melee attack and defense stats. It specializes in fighting on the frontlines, where its stats can be boosted per each adjacent enemy. He often will be the target of an attack, so it is recommended to pair him up with a Priest who can use heals and buffs. Further increasing his defense and survival rate is his key to victory.
Witch (Female) – Magic Type
- Magic Moderation – Decrease all SP costs by 50%.
- Magic Recovery – Recover SP equal to 5% of damage dealt.
- Recover 10% of SP at the end of every turn.
A character who specializes in magic, and can use magic without worrying about SP consumption due to her combination of SP recovery skills and moderation abilities. Be wary of status ailments such as “Amnesia” because this would not allow her to use special skills. Prevent this by using equipment and skills, or letting her carry “Fariy Dust”—an item that negates status ailments. The Witch is lacking in defense, so it is recommended to pair her up with the Armor Knight and attack from a distance.
What is Magic?
Magic consists of special skills that certain characters such as unique characters, Clerics, Witches, and Rune Knight can learn. (All characters can learn magic by meeting certain criteria.)
Magic has three basic elements: “fire,” “wind,” and “water.” By hitting enemies with elements they are weak against, you can deal major damage! Continuing to use magic will hone your skills and allow you to attack enemies from a distance. Utilize and strengthen your favorite magic attacks! If you want to strengthen your magic further, equipping a “Staff” can help you out! Staffs enable you to boost the effect and range of your magic skills.
Professor – Support Type
- New Medicine – Increases status buffs caused by skills by 100%.
- Effective Use – Reduces the dispersal of magic skills when using wide-range magic.
- Recover from status ailments at the end of every turn.
A magic using class that can use support and healing magic. They also have unique abilities developed from magic science, such as buffing party members and brainwashing enemies to join your team. They specialize in support skills, so pairing them up with melee characters is recommended. When paired with a Martial Artist or Warrior, the Professor can strengthen them as well as join in on the action with its own magic attacks.
Prinny – Monster Type
- Explosive Genes – When thrown, causes an explosion that deals damage equal to 50% of HP to surrounding two tiles.
- Recycle Spirit – If this unit dies from exploding, the number of dispatched units recovers.
- When thrown, it explodes but does not die nor cause chain explosions.
The bottom of the barrel in the Netherworld. It has the weakest stats and is considered the “minion of minions.” It has an ability to explode and dish out a set amount of damage, but the amount of damage relates to the amount of HP it has, so throwing a Prinny with high maximum HP will cause massive damage. It is recommended to be paired with Armor Knights who have a long throw distance, and Clerics who can boost maximum HP.
Thief (Male) – Support Type (New Character)
- Treasurize – Creates a 30% chance of obtaining a treasure chest when defeating an enemy.
- Lucky Fingers – Increases the ranks of a treasure chest’s contents when destroying said treasure chest.
- Increases all characters’ speed by 50%.
A thief boy who loves collecting treasures. Defeating an enemy creates a chance for treasure to drop, so it is recommended to let him take the final blow. He also has the ability to make the contents of treasure chests better, so having him break the chest is a good idea. He is also immune to the explosions caused by Prinnies. So use him not only to throw your own Prinnies, but also to throw enemy Prinnies.
Maiko – Support Type (New Character)
- Charming Dance – When receiving damage from male characters, creates a 30% chance of inflicting them with the “Charm” status ailment.
- Mottainai Spirits – When using a recovery item, creates a 50% chance of retaining said item.
- When attacking characters of the opposite gender, creates a 10% chance of inflicting them with the “Charm” status ailment.
A support character who can charm and re-activate allies, and use support items. Although she has low defense, she has abilities to charm the male enemies who attack her. She can also strengthen the attack of male allies, so teaming her up with male characters is recommended. Shrooms are strong against female characters, so if you have one in your party, you will have a team that can adapt to any gendered enemy.
Death Princess – Monster Type (New Character)
- Shaku – When defeated, revive yourself once with 20% of your maximum HP once per battle.
- Deaths Corridor – Increases your stats by +10% each time an ally dies in battle (max 100%).
- Revive with 5% of your remaining HP when defeated.
A close range melee-type character with high attack and low defense. She has the ability to revive herself once, and can also drain enemy HP and recover HP at the end of turns, so she has a high survival rate despite her lack of defense. She can become nearly invincible with the support abilities of a Cleric, and when paired with a Flora Beast she can even become a stronger attacker that annihilates the battlefield.
Giant Eye – Monster Type (New Character)
- Chaos Extreme – When attacking, randomizes a target’s defensive stats.
- Eye of the Depths – When inflicted with a status ailment, inflicts the same status ailment on the enemy.
- Randomizes defensive stats.
A ranged magic-based character with a high intelligence stat despite its looks. This character has many skills that are difficult to use, such as randomizing defensive stats or making a character unable to evade, but has reduced damage. It has an ability that makes attacks to enemies that inflict status ailments become a critical hit, so pairing them with a Sorcerer or Winged Warrior is recommended.
A samurai that lives by its own bushido code, and takes pride in his honor and protecting others. Although in Hinomoto, it is becoming more difficult to live by his own bushido…
A samurai who mainly fights outside of the Hinomoto Netherworld. She specializes in one-on-one combat.
A cold-blooded assassin who lives in the shadows. He boasts high mobility and can sprint around the battlefield with ease.
She has a high evasion stat due to her excellent athletics. She also has a girly side that fantasizes about cute clothes.
A level-headed man that gets things done. He often gets into fights with the female archer.
A kindhearted Netherworld hunter. She specializes in ranged attacks with her bow.
A gunman with lethal speed and high accuracy. He always kills his targets.
A woman with a unique personality and unusual tone of voice. She specializes in combo attacks with her allies.