A new update is available for Don’t Starve Together. You can check out the full patch notes for this update below.
- Hallowed Nights is now active.
A Little Drama Changes:
- The Survivors can use the Stage to show off a little bit for whoever is watching
- The Survivors can don special costumes to help them tell other stories as well.
- Costumes can be found in the Briars set piece.
- Added the Mannequins to hold (and show off!) their equipment.
- Playstyle, Game Mode, and Preset changes:
Added Relaxed preset:
- Survivors will be damaged but not killed by starving, freezing, overheating, or from the darkness.
- Survivors will take 35% less damage from all sources.
- Hound waves and Shadow Creatures from low sanity are set to Less.
- Ghosts can revive at the Florid Postern and the world will not reset when everyone is dead.
- Wildfires are disabled.
Game Modes, Presets, and Intention changes:
- Added a server Playstyle indicator which is determined by the world settings.
- Users will pick a Playstyle when creating a new server, which will apply the appropriate preset world settings.
- The Playstyle indicator will be displayed in the server browser where the server intention was previously displayed.
- Changing the world settings will update the Playstyle indicator to the best matching playstyle.
- The settings controlled by the Wilderness and Endless game modes can now be set in world settings.\
- Wilderness and Endless Game modes have been converted to presets. Existing worlds will be retrofitted.\
- The preset “No Giants Here” has been removed. Existing worlds will not be affected by this.
- Server intention has been removed (Social/Cooperative/Competitive/Madness).
New world settings:
- Temperature Damage: Default / Nonlethal (will damage but not kill survivors)
- Hunger Damage: Default / Nonlethal (will damage but not kill survivors)
- Darkness Damage: Default / Nonlethal (will damage but not kill survivors)
- Max Health Penalty: Enabled / Disabled
- Spawn Mode: If survivors should spawn at the Florid Postern or at a random location.
- Survivor Death: If you will turn into a ghost or be brought back to the survivor select menu.
- Ghost Sanity Drain: Controls if there will be a sanity drain on all players when anyone is a ghost.
- Death Reset Timer: Controls how long you have before the world regenerates when all survivors are dead.
- Basic Resources: If basic resources, such as saplings and berry bushes, should respawn over time.
Quality of Life Changes:
- Recipe Cards can now be found throughout the world.
- Reading a card will say the recipe for a Crock Pot dish.
- Recipe Cards can be found in Tumbleweeds, Graves, Sunken Chests, and some boons.
Food and Crock Pot Changes:
- Added 2 Egg Crock Pot recipes.
- Added a Tallbird Egg Crock Pot recipe.
- Added 2 Beefalo feed Crock Pot recipes.
- Adjusted the Stuffed Fish Heads and Veggie Burger cooking priority to prevent multiple results.
- Banana Shake can no longer be made with meat, fish, or monster meat.
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri can no longer be made with meat or fish and adjusted the priority to remove the random chance of getting Banana Shake.
- Ice Cream is now classified as Goodies.
- Beefalo can now eat Roasted Birchnut.
- Changed the time for Tallbirds to lay a new egg to be more inline with other food sources.
- The Fire Pit and Campfire will now drop a charcoal when the fire goes out, if it was fueled to the max stage.
- Added information, while a ghost, to help new players learn how to revive.
- Added the Turf-Raiser Helm, a new helmet that you can get from the Antlion.
Community feedback tweaks and changes:
- Added a loading protection which will protect survivors while the game is loading from things like transferring to the caves.
- The Cartographer’s Desk can now erase Blueprints, Tackle Adverts, Sketch, Costume Patterns, and Recipe Cards, turning it into one Papyrus.
- Updated the Scarecrow skins selection UI.
- Added cooking, fishing, and farming themed boons to the world generation.
- Ancient Stonework turf blueprint can now be found via the Distilled Knowledge.
- Digging up the turf in the ruins will now give the turf object.
- Ruins Turf and Imitation Ruins Turf Blueprints can now be crafted at the Ancient Pseudoscience Station.
- Tallbirds without a nest will now make a new nest, but only on rocky or dirt turf.
- Added the Snazzy Pitchfork (golden pitchfork)
- Increased the number of uses for the Tent and Siesta Lean-to to better reflect their crafting cost.
- The Camper’s Tent now restores health at the same rate as the Tent.
- The Straw Roll will now restore some health while sleeping.
- The Furry Roll will now affect your body temperature while sleeping.
- Trail Mix can now be made with raw Birchnuts.
- The Tin Fishin’ Bin now holds up to 20 fish.
- The Tin Fishin’ Bin can now be built on dock tiles.
- The Bookcase can now be used to open skins gifts.
- The Insulated Pack and Seed Pack-It are no longer burnable.
- Added a confirmation popup for the Reset Now button when all players are dead.
- Steeped Lunar Essence can now mutate Wobster Mounds and birds.
- The Distortion Setting has been changed to control the intensity.
- The Lazy Forager can now be repaired with nightmare fuel.
- Changed the materials required for building all stages of the Hermit Home. It no longer requires seasonal items.
- Skittersquids now always drop a Light Bulb.
- Masts placed on land and the Mannequin can now be rotated with the Fencing Sword.
- When Warly inspects food, he will now comment if it is something he ate recently.
- Trick or Treat Chest and Pantomimed Snazzy Pitchfork for login bonus rewards have been re-enabled for a short period
- Fixed a save/load bug where the Campfire’s fire would load at the center of the world.
- Fixed a bug where Gobblers and The Crabby Hermit would think the Banana Bush is a Berry Bush.
- Fixed Walter’s Guest of Honour hair and hat.
- Fixed an image artifacting bug with UI images.
- Fixed an idle animation bug.
- Fixed invisible baby beefalo hooves.
- Fixed some old set pieces from generating old Farm Plots; they now generate Drying Racks instead.
- Fixed a Tallbird Nest save/load bug.
- Fixed a rare save file corruption when spawning Bearger.
- Fixed hatching Tallbird Eggs not using all heating and cooling sources.
- Fixed planted Carrots and Catcoon Dens not regrowing after being burnt.
- Fixed being unable to see default skins with the weaveable filter on.