Nintendo and Intelligent Systems are back with another look at Fire Emblem Engage, and today gives us new details on Roy, who is voiced by Jun Fukuyama in the Japanese version, and the ‘Emblem of Binding’ ring alongside some gameplay snippets; check out all the details below (via Perfectly Nintendo).
Emblem of Binding (Roy)
Roy is a Lord known for his bravery and intelligence. His skills are said to rival those of a general.
- Sync Skill: Endurance (official English name TBC!): if the Unit has at least 30% HP left, they will be able to withstand any attack, no matter how powerful.
- Engage Weapon: Lance Buster (official English name TBC!): reverses the weapon triangle, allowing you to deal extra damage (and even inflict the Break status) to enemy units wielding lances.
- Engage Skill: Transcendence (official English name TBC!): allows you to temporarily level up the Unit, greatly strengthening their abilities and stats.
- Engage Attack: Fiery Dance of the Crimson Lion (official English name TBC!): unleashes a powerful attack on the 3 spaces in front of the Unit, generating flames that also hinder movement. When a Dragon Unit is equipping Roy’s Ring, that attack’s range is increased by 3 spaces.
If you head to the Hall of Emblems (name translated from Japanese), you can interact with the Emblems residing within each Emblem Ring. It’s there that you can have Units “inherit” the skills of those Emblems. But to do so, you need two things:
- SP, that you get by having Units synchronise with Emblems
- reach a certain “Bond Level” with that Emblem
Equipping a skill allows you to immediately see its effects on your Unit.
One important thing to keep in mind regarding skills: once a Unit has inherited a given skill, they have access to it even if they unequip the Ring of the Emblem they inherited it from!
When a Unit fights alongside an Emblem, they gain “Bond Points”, and once they get enough, their Bond Level increases. The more that level increases, the more skills the Unit gets access to, and they also get a bigger stats boost!