After a brief delay, we now have a finalized western release date for Picross X: Picbits vs. Uzboross on Nintendo Switch. The fast-paced puzzle game from developer Jupiter will be available later today, December 19th, 2022. It’s priced at $19.99 USD, with a 25% discount being offered until January 3rd, 2023. A free demo will also be available on both the European and North American eShops.
Along with this, the Japanese version of the game has been updated to Version 1.1.0. You can see the patch notes for this update below.
- Adds new language options: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Brazilian Portuguese
- The online matchmaking function in CO-OP Mode, Random Match, has been renamed ‘Free Match’
- The random matchmaking function has been changed so that players are now matched by entering a room
- Matchmaking has been improved: it’s now easier for you to see the room of players who are playing at the same time
- The rules and the number of rounds now change randomly
- Players can now earn BP by taking part in Free Matches
- A ranking function has been added, ranking players based on the amount of BP BONUS TIME!” is now divided into three sections: “12:00-13:00”, “15:00-18:00” and “20:00-22:00”
- In ‘Friend Match’ and ‘Local Play’, the default number of rounds has been changed to 6 (Normal)
- A function to copy skill sets has been added
- Diagonal input on the controller has been disabled
- Game balance: the debuff skills have been beefed up
- Corrected the timing of the “Go and see” function when acquiring a new PIC
- Other textual and graphical issues have been fixed
- Various bugs have been fixed