Fire Emblem Engage introduces Edelgard, Claude, Dimitri and the 'Emblem of the Three Houses'
All in one house
Nintendo and Intelligent Systems are back with another look at Fire Emblem Engage, and today gives us new details on Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri, who is voiced by Ai Kakuma, Kaito Ishikawa, and Toshiyuki Toyonaga in the Japanese version, and the ‘Emblem of the Three Houses’ ring, Tiki can be obtained from the first wave of the Expansion Pass; check out all the details below (via Perfectly Nintendo).
Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri all dwell in the same Bracelet, and so are considered one Emblem.
Since there’s 3 characters for one Emblem, Sync works differently than for other Emblems. When a Unit equips this Bracelet, one character is selected at random for three turns. This motly affects the Sync Skill, which differs depending on the active Emblem.
Emblem of the Three Houses Abilities:
- Sync Skill (common): Lineage*. Increase EXP gained (120% of normal value).
- Sync Skill (Edelgard): Gambit: Raging Flames. Sets enemies and surrounding spaces on fire after attack.
- Sync Skill (Dimitri): Gambit: Sacred Shield. For one turn, negates damage of the first hit when attacked by an enemy located 2 or more spaces away. Particularly useful against Bow users.
- Sync Skill (Claude): Gambit: Poisoned Arrows. Poisons target and any enemy unit within one space after attack.
- Engage Weapon: Aymr. Can Smash enemy units, and deals extra damage to Dragon Units.
- Engage Skill: Combat Art. Allows you to empty the Engage gauge, and in exchange, you get access to the Combat Art command. Selecting it allows you to launch a special attack with Edelgard, Dimitri, or Claude.
- Engage Attack: Three Houses. Allows you to launch a special attack where you hit the enemy three times in a row with Aymr (Axe), Areadbhar (Spear), and Failnaught (Bow).
Fire Emblem Engage will launch for the Nintendo Switch on January 20th, 2023.