Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster's new features and changes detailed
Not just straight ports
Nintendo and Bandai Namco confirmed a rumor during the latest Nintendo Direct by showcasing Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster. The collection is set to arrive sometime in Summer 2023, and it’s going to include a host of new elements not found in the original games.
Bandai Namco has shared a FAQ for Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster, and it includes a detailed breakdown on the changes, tweaks and new features that these games will feature. You can see the full breakdown of these tweaks and additions below.
Convenient New Features Added to Make Gameplay Smoother
With an array of new features, the game is easier to play than ever before.
Six Different Adjustable Parameters
Adjust parameters including game speed and random enemy encounters and save them as your favorite way to play the game. This is adjustable at any time. The adjustable parameters are as follows:
- No encounters: Turn off random enemy encounters
- Instant KO: Enable enemies to be defeated with a single strike
- Game speed: Choose from three options (100％, 200％ and 300％)
- Battle speed: Choose from three options (100％, 200％ and 300％)
- Simple battle results display: Switch to a simpler display of mid-battle results after each turn
- Auto-battle: Enable battles to be played automatically
- Check the meanings of key terms and how to play the game from within the system menu.
“NEW GAME +” Mode
- This mode allows you to restart the game after clearing it once – carrying across level, rank, and Magnus from the initial run.
“NEW GAME -” Mode
- This mode applies restrictions on what is available for a much more difficult challenge.