Splatoon 3 has been updated to Version 3.0.0. You can check out the patch notes for this update below.
Changes to DLC
Added support for Inkopolis DLC.
Players who have purchased the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass – Inkopolis & Side Order DLC can now travel between Inkopolis and Splatsville using the train station in the square.
Inkopolis has the same shops and features as Splatsville.
The shops in Inkopolis also have the same lineup of products as Splatsville. If you buy something in one location, it will be sold out for the day in both locations.
Season and Catalog Changes
On March 1, 2023, data relating to Fresh Season 2023 will be added to the game. This includes:
- A new catalog, including new gear, titles, Splashtags, decorations, stickers, and emotes.
- A new gear brand, Z+F.
- About 126 new items added to store product lineups.
- 2 new battle stages: Um’ami Ruins and Manta Maria.
- 2 new special weapons: Kraken Royale and Super Chump.
- 12 new sets of existing main weapons paired with different sub and special weapons.
- 23 new Tableturf Battle cards.
- Prizes that can be obtained by trading fish scales at Grizzco.
- You can earn more Catalog Points than usual during the week before the end of the season thanks to a special Closeout Bonus.
Changes to the Notififcations Feature
Added the Pool feature.
The Pool feature allows players to send and receive notifications with other players in the same Pool. Players can enter a phrase to join a Pool by opening the Lobby menu, selecting the Notifications tab, and pressing the + Button.
For example, if you enter “Turf War Fans,” you’ll be able to send and receive notifications with players who have also entered “Turf War Fans,” and you will be able to join or drop in on each other’s games using notifications.
While there isn’t a limit on how many people can join the same Pool, there may be cases in which notifications won’t be sent to all members if a large number of players are connected to the same Pool simultaneously.
When you receive an invitation to play or a “Fresh!” notification, it will be displayed on the screen.
Changes to Multiplayer
- New special weapons have been added.
- Weapon sets with these specials will be available in the shops at the start of Fresh Season 2023.