Overwatch 2 got its collaborative One-Punch Man content yesterday, and with that came a new update. Today brings us the full patch notes for that update, which you can read through below.
NEW COLLABORATION: OVERWATCH 2 X ONE-PUNCH MAN
One punch is all you need in this limited-time Overwatch 2 x One-Punch Man collaboration! Complete challenges through April 6 and earn free themed rewards, including the Legendary Mumen Rider - Soldier: 76 skin. Complete your hero collection with additional Legendary bundles featuring Saitama - Doomfist, Terrible Tornado - Kiriko, and Genos - Genji from the in-game shop.
New Overwatch League Team Skins
New Overwatch League Team Skins are now in-game! Celebrate your favorite teams, including the Seoul Infernal and Vegas Eternal, by equipping their team skins for your favorite heroes.
Team Bundles Now Available
Team Bundles are now on sale! Trios of hero skins will land in the Overwatch League shop throughout the season, available for all teams. These bundles will include team-branded Weapon Charms!
Adjusted Distance Attenuation on Enemy Footsteps
We missed a change in our Season 3 patch notes about some adjustments made to the distance in which you can hear enemy footsteps. We’ve continued to refine this change and have found a nice middle ground between where it was in Season 2 and where it was prior to today’s patch.
- Removed “To the Victors… - Win 15 games in Unranked or Competitive.”
- Added a new challenge, “Casual Dedication - Win 15 games in any Unranked mode.”
- Added a new challenge, “Competitive Advantage - Win 10 games in any Competitive mode.”
- Total number of challenges needed to earn all Overwatch Coins is still 11.
- Removed “Coin Line - Win 5 games in Arcade.”
- Added a new challenge, “Change of Pace - Win 5 games in Mystery Heroes, Free-for-All Deathmatch, or any Arcade mode.”
- Changed “Role Mastery” to “Win 5 games each as 2 different roles in Quick Play or Competitive Play.”
- “Support Weapon Mastery” reduced from 12,500 to 10,000
- “Support Ability Mastery” reduced from 10,000 to 8,000
Challenge Progress during End of Round
- Challenges the player has made progress on during the match will be shown with a visual representation of remaining progress needed
End of Match Scoreboard Update
We are taking a snapshot of each player’s final stats during the match and persisting it on the tab scoreboard during post-match. Previously a player’s stats and name would disappear as soon as they left the match
- We fixed a bug causing large parties to wait longer in queue than intended
- The matchmaker will now prioritize putting parties together which have a similar delta between the highest and lowest rated player
- We made improvements that should help reduce Unranked queue times and increase Competitive match quality
Competitive Mystery Heroes
- Competitive Mystery Heroes added to Competitive Play
- Season 1 begins on March 14!
Competitive Screen Layout Update
We have added buttons to the Competitive Play menu that will allow players to easily access the tier legend, leaderboard, and competitive progress screens.
Top 500 Leaderboard Update
Players in the Top 500 will now see an animated update of their current position on the leaderboard after each match.