We all live in a Pokémon World
Niantic has just made a blog post on the Pokémon GO website detailing their “renewed commitment to bolstering Pokémon GO’s in-person experience”.
Essentially there are updates coming to Pokémon GO and Niantic’s Campfire app to help bolster community between Trainers.
Elite Raids that feature new or unique Pokémon—such as this weekend’s Regidrago Elite Raids—are one of the first steps in that commitment. We are also working on the following.
- Improvements to raids that make it easier for you to participate in local Raid Battles and to become friends with Trainers you’ve battled with.
- Enhancements to the game experience when playing in person with family and friends.
- New features that provide benefits and encounters with more Pokémon while exploring outside.
Last year, we launched Campfire in select US cities. Campfire’s goal is for Trainers to connect, discover local communities, and find active nearby Raid Battles. We’ve continued to improve Campfire through the following updates focused on helping Trainers better communicate and work together to tackle Raid Battles in person.
- Adding the ability to start conversations at PokéStops and Gyms around you
- Adding the ability to navigate from Campfire to a specific Gym in Pokémon GO
Campfire will also see updates soon to significantly improve how Trainers connect, chat, and join Raid Battles together in Pokémon GO. This is a key step in preparing Campfire’s continued rollout and access for Trainers around the world this year.
Niantic also details that they plan to continue to grow the Community Ambassador Program, but they don’t go into further detail, just that updates are coming “soon”.
If you want to read Niantic’s post in full follow the link below!
A recently graduated creative writer hoping to work his way into the greater gaming sphere.