Neptunia GameMaker R:Evolution announced for Switch
The console wars will never end
The latest issue of Famitsu has revealed that Compile Heart is working on Neptunia GameMaker R:Evolution for Switch. The title is set to release in Japan on August 10th, 2023 both digitally and physically, and will be priced at 8,500 yen. A “Victory Special Edition” and Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for 12,100 yen, and a “New Recruit Welcome Box” edition for 18,480 yen.
The Famitsu feature includes some details on what Hyperdimension Neptunia GameMaker R:Evolution is all about, and also reveals some characters. You can see the info below, as translated by Gematsu.
- a spin-off featuring Adult Neptune
- takes place during an era of competing game studio
- in the story, three game developer goddesses lost the race for “market share”
- Adult Neptune is tasked with reviving the fallen developer
- new goddesses are illustrated by Tsunako
- enhanced dungeon exploration, game studio management, and more
- your party consists of four characters
- some dungeons include fields like cities and forests.
- travel at high-speed by motorcycle
- some dungeons have racing segments
- in management portions, the goal is to grow the small developer “Victory”
- growth is achieved by scouting staff, game development, expanding the company building, and more
Characters revealed thus far include:
Adult Neptune – Her role as company president also serves as a means of finding the Nep-Note, which she dropped. She is a wandering insect hunter with an awakened form reminiscent of a butterfly.
Pipi (voiced by Yuko Natsuyoshi) – Confident, reckless, and with a leader-like mentality, she considers herself the smartest person in the world. She is the producer who goes by the name “Pipi-P.”
Jarga (voiced by Satsuki Miyahara) – A cool girl who considers herself the best calculator in the world. She prefers to talk using abbreviations like “GGDD” (gongo doudan, absurd). She handles production and public relations.
Lideo (voiced by Hina Youmiya) – A mad scientist who spews venom with a smile. She considers herself the most sensible person in the world. She handles programming and graphics.
Croire (voiced by Mika Kanai) – Croire has gotten a little bigger. She was sealed in the Nep-Note by Adult Neptune, but has been freed and is in hiding at a pirate maker’s base.