LEGO 2K Drive revealed for Switch
Get the LEGO lead out
After a week of leaks and rumors, we finally have confirmation on LEGO and 2K teaming up for a special project.
Publisher 2K and developer Visual Concepts are working on LEGO 2K Drive, an open-world “AAA driving adventure game” for Switch. The title is set to arrive on May 19th, 2023, and there are 3 different versions in the works:
- Standard Edition ($60)
- Awesome Edition ($100) – Includes a new vehicle, vehicle flair, in-game minifigure, and the Year 1 Drive Pass
- Awesome Rivals Edition ($120) – Includes multiple vehicles, a vehicle flair, multiple in-game minifigures, and the Year 1 Drive Pass.
In the Year 1 Drive Pass, players will get a new biome plus four individual post-launch seasons of Drive Pass content, each with new vehicles and themes. This content can also be purchased separately.
Finally, those who pre-order the game can snag the “Aquadirt Racer Pack,” which features the Aquadirt Racer Street Car, Off-Road Car, and Racer Boat. Those who pick up the Awesome Edition or Awesome Rivals Edition will get this content as well.
Here’s a few more details about LEGO 2K Drive in particular:
- single and multiplayer gameplay
- variety of different biomes, races, minigames, challenges, collectibles, things to destroy
- includes a story
- build any vehicle with over 1,000 unique LEGO pieces
- features cars from LEGO City, Creator, Speed Champions
- includes a McLaren Solus GT and F1 LM
- “robust co-op” experience
- competitive multiplayer with up to six players
- two-player split-screen multiplayer