2023 Independent Games Festival winners revealed
One Switch game makes the cut
The 2023 Independent Games Festival has wrapped, and we have the full list of winners. While there aren’t too many categories, one of the awards did go to a Switch title. You can see the complete list of winners below, with the Switch game in bold.
- Nuovo Award: Betrayal at Club Low (Cosmo D Studios)
- Seumas McNally Grand Prize: Betrayal at Club Low (Cosmo D Studios)
- Excellence in Narrative: Immortality (Half Mermaid Productions)
- Audience Award: Potionomics (Voracious Games)
- Excellence in Visual Art: RPG Time: The Legend of Wright (DeskWorks)
- Best Student Game: Slider (Daniel Carr)
- Excellence in Design: The Case of the Golden Idol
- Excellence in Audio: The Forest Quartet
If you’re curious about RPG Time: The Legend of Wright, now would be the perfect time to check it out, as there’s a limited-time sale. While the game is normally priced at $30, you can snag it for $16 until March 31st, 2023. You can get a complete breakdown of RPG Time: The Legend of Wright below.
Game master Kenta’s notebook holds a handwritten RPG made just for you. Every turn of the page brings thrills, heroics, and a whole lot of fun!
After school, the classroom transforms into the world of “The Legend of Wright,” an RPG designed by young aspiring game maker Kenta. As you make your way through the game, crafted by Kenta from drawings and cardboard and stationery, you’ll see that it’s so much more than “just” an RPG. Despite the name, RPG Time also features everything from action to adventure to bullet hell to turn-based battles! It’s a treasure chest stuffed full of fun, and there’s no telling what Kenta will pull out next. Nostalgic yet modern, this game is sure to shake up your after-school routine!
First dreamed up 15 years ago, then brought to fruition through more than 9 years in development, RPG Time has been praised for its boundless innovation and creativity, receiving several awards from game development festivals around the world such as Tokyo Game Show, Taipei Game Show, BitSummit, and more.