Assault Suits Valken DECLASSIFIED mechs its way to Switch today
A Super Famicom classic gets its due
Today, new video game company Rainmaker Productions announced that Assault Suits Valken Declassified, an unedited and uncensored localization of the original Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) mecha action classic, is available now on the Switch. The title, which was produced in collaboration with M2 Co., Ltd., can be purchased digitally on the Nintendo eShop for $24.99 USD.
Assault Suits Valken is set in a futuristic world where two opposing factions, the Union and the Federation, are at war for control of Earth’s dwindling fossil fuels. Jake Brain and his Union platoon must pilot their fortified mecha through a range of challenging run-and-gun missions to accomplish their mission of destroying the Federation government’s most powerful weapon - Bildvorg.
The re-release will also feature a recreated and translated version of the original 80-page Assault Suits Valken Japanese guidebook, an onslaught of both brand-new and never-before-seen artwork and more. A full list of new features and bonus content available as part of Assault Suits Valken Declassified can be found below:
- Unedited and uncensored version of Assaults Suits Valken with a new English translation.
- New recreation of the 80-page Japanese Guidebook translated into English.
- Inclusion of both the arranged and game soundtracks.
- New interview with Satoshi Nakai about the original game’s mecha design.
- New artwork by Satoshi Urusihihara, the original game’s character designer.
- New “Retro Color” screen filter, along with regular CRT and scanlines options.
- Super Play of the game with its “good ending”.
- Save/Load states as well as Replay record and playback functionality.
Will Jake and his Union platoon accomplish their mission to destroy the Federation forces’ most powerful mecha? Players can find out now on the Nintendo Switch for $24.99 USD.