Gripper to Get Additional Difficulty Options, Quality of Life Improvements
Getting a better grip on things
Fresh from the launch of the frenetic boss rush game Gripper, the team at Heart Core LTD is hard at work on several quality of life updates for the title. The Gripper team has taken in lots of fan feedback and is set to bring additional difficulty options, UI additions, and other quality of life upgrades to the game.
Starting with the difficulty, the team is introducing three new options: Normal, Hard and Impossible. Gripper currently features one standard difficulty and these additional options will allow for players of various skill levels to enjoy the fast and frenetic gameplay experience. In addition, the Tunnels sections will now feature checkpoints on the Normal and Hard difficulty option, and the rate at which health packs regenerate in Boss battles will be increased.
These changes are being worked on and set to be implemented soon. Here is the full list of improvements:
- Difficulty Modes Added
- Checkpoints in the Tunnels added
- Shock Tunnel Spikes are more predictable now
- Health Packs refill rate increased
- Boss Shock — shocking attack damage decreased, frustrating notifications won’t repeat anymore
- Boss Anger — various balance adjustments
- Boss Depression — bug fixes and notification count reduced
- Boss Zero — battery visual feedback added & balance adjustments
- Skin Unlock tips added
- Quests Victory screen added
- Achievements Unlock conditions fixed
- Consumable usage bugs fixed
- Japanese audio correct detection available
- DX12 Selection in the RTX menu
- “RTX requires DX12” tip / switch added
In Gripper, players enter the burnout seat as None, a cyber biker who is stuck inside a collapsing world. Long-separated from his parents, None is jolted back into their lives and forced to save the world from the AI known as Zero. To do so he must race through post-apocalyptic landscapes connected by treacherous tunnels, explore dead lands with the help of his mechanized cat buddy Cat-Kit, and ultimately defeat relentless bosses by gripping and ripping out their hearts.