Bugsnax coming to Nintendo Switch on April 28th, 2022
Alongside a new free DLC
Young Horses has announced that Bugsnax is officially coming to Nintendo Switch on April 28th, 2022, alongside a free update titled The Isle of Bigsnax. The update adds 3 to 4 hours of new content on top of the main campaign.
Full press release and an overview of the game:
Young Horses are thrilled to announce today that their whimsical snack catching island adventure, Bugsnax, will be arriving on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series XǀS, Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam on April 28th for $24.99 USD with a 20% off discount. Bugsnax will also be coming to Game Pass on Xbox platforms, Windows 10, and Cloud. That’s not all! Bugsnax’s free content update, The Isle of Bigsnax, will also arrive on all platforms on the same day. Young Horses is also happy to share that new trophies and achievements will be coming to Bugsnax as part of the The Isle of Bigsnax update. Bugsnax is currently available on PS5, PS4, and the Epic Games Store.
The Isle of Bigsnax’s main campaign includes 3 to 4 hours of new story content - with Yuri Lowenthal, Casey Mongillo, Debra Wilson, and Haviland Stillwell returning to voice their respective grumpuses - and new exciting Bugsnax and mysteries to discover. Players will find even more to do on the main island of the original game with new mail quests from the grumpuses to complete, hats to acquire for your favorite snax, and your very own hut to decorate and call home!
iam8bit will also soon be delivering Bugsnax’s delicious soundtrack on vinyl in a special collection. This super-sized two-disc LP includes 25 tracks from composer Seth Parker, stamped on vinyl with drool-worthy colorways. More Bugsnax vinyl tidbits are coming later this year, and you can sign up here to get updates.
Bugsnax takes you on a journey to Snaktooth Island, home of the legendary half-bug half-snack creatures, Bugsnax.
Invited by intrepid explorer Elizabert Megafig, you arrive to discover your host nowhere to be found, her camp in shambles, and her followers scattered across the island alone… and hungry! It’s up to you to solve the mysteries of Snaktooth Island: What happened to Lizbert? What are Bugsnax and where do they come from? But most of all, why do they taste SO GOOD?
- Fill Your Pack With Snax! Discover, hunt, and capture all 100 different species of Bugsnax using a variety of contraptions and bait.
- Embark on a Tasty Quest! Explore the diverse biomes of Snaktooth Island to track down and reunite the inhabitants of Snaxburg.
- Feed Somebody and You’ll See, We Are Whatever We Eat! Stuff your new friends with Bugsnax to customize them with countless new looks.
- Venture Deep to Seek the Truth! Follow every lead to learn more about Lizbert’s band of misfits and the mysteries of Snaktooth Island.
- Come Back For Seconds! Seek out side quests and travel off the beaten path to test your skills against fearsome supersized Bugsnax!
- Make Yourself At Home! Complete challenges from your mailbox, collect decorations to personalize your hut, and most important of all: put hats on your favorite Snax!
For more information on Bugsnax, visit https://www.bugsnax.com/
I remember seeing this in the PS5 reveal trailer, it was an interesting concept. I haven't heard amazing things about the game and the reviews seem to back that up, not bad but not amazing either. Maybe it got better over time and the free DLC can't hurt.
Didn't sell enough on the PS5 I guess? Either way, this game is also not my cup of tea.