Space Gladiators Battles its Way Onto Switch May 4th, 2023
Seems like a good day for a space game
Seaven Studio is very excited to announce that it’s bringing Space Gladiators to consoles next month on May 4th. It’s making this happen in cooperation with the game’s developer, Blobfish, a French solo dev who’s been making games since 2018. They’ve already published several games on their own on Steam, including Brotato, a wildly popular roguelite with an Overwhelmingly positive rating that’s sold over 1.5 million copies.
Space Gladiators showcases where a lot of Brotato’s quirky space-faring potato energy started, also being roguelite with tight controls and tons of build options, but going for a side scrolling perspective rather than top-down. Escape from the hole and build up your gladiator with an astounding plethora of pets, weapons, & trinkets as you carve out a path forward through platforming challenges, combat rooms, and other weird encounters in between.
You’ve been captured and sent to entertain aliens as a gladiator in a faraway planet called Tartarus. You will have to advance through randomly generated biomes with deadly traps and monsters blocking your path. Choose your opponents in the arenas, beat them for items and coins and you might be able to earn your freedom!
- Tight and fluid controls that allow you to dodge and fight enemies without taking hits - the only ceiling is your own skillset!
- Hundreds of hand-crafted rooms that are randomly picked to make every new run feel unique.
- 50+ enemies and 10 bosses to beat with different movesets and attack patterns.
- 300+ items including pets, weapons and trinkets that unlock new abilities for your characters. Pop your heart out to heal yourself, throw meatballs or fire a laser gun.
- 8 unique characters that fit different playstyles, including a potato and an alien worm in underpants.
- Customize your runs by choosing harder paths if you’re feeling confident or easier ones if you’re on the brink of death. High risk, high reward.