A relic reworked for the modern era
Indie game developer Mommy’s Best Games is bringing its intense, high-score shoot’em-up ‘Game Type DX’ to the Switch sometime later in 2022.
In Game Type DX, your goal is to help Hoodie Girl fight the evil MediaBall’s inane advertisements. Each time you beat a level, the speed and difficulty increases. Game Type DX is an enhanced remaster of a 2011 title that was originally released as a protest against Microsoft’s Xbox 360 dashboard update. This revamp includes new enemies, new game modes, leaderboards, and achievements.
For more details on Game Type DX, check out the bullet points below.
- Loop-tastic speed insanity! Every time you beat a level, the game speed increases!
- Time Pulse gameplay – Slow down time and turn enemy bullets into score drops!
- 2-Player local co-op for extra firepower, and extra Parkour!
- 3 Game modes: “Standard”, “Parkour Remix”, and “Surprise!”
- Surprise Game mode features new level layouts every time you play.
- Online Leaderboard! Show up often. Show Off your play skills!
- The new DX version of the game has lots of powerups and even POWER DOWNS!
- DX version also features loads of corny video game jokes to discover in the fake dashboard section.