The fixes you've been waiting for
Tales of Symphonia Remastered has been in somewhat rough shape since it hit the Switch back in February, and fans have been patiently waiting for an update to fix some glaring issues. Bandai Namco mentioned awhile back that they were working on such an update, and now we know it’s arriving later this week.
Tales of Symphonia Remastered will be getting an update on May 18th, 2023, and the patch notes for this update have been shared. You can get a look at what the fix includes below.
- Fixed an issue that was causing significant processing slowdowns while moving through the sandstorm area of “Triet”.
- Fixed an issue where the game would freeze at the end of certain boss battles.
- Fixed an event where the screen would black out and become inoperable while navigating certain world maps and towns.
- Fixed an event where the background music would be interrupted when moving to the world map after a battle.
- Other minor bugs have been fixed.