Bat Boy steps up to the plate on Switch today
Taking a swing
Swing, deflect, spin, and power-hit your way through exciting baseball-style combat in Bat Boy, a nostalgic 8-bit platformer/adventure releasing today on Switch. The title is priced at $15 and takes up 249 MB of space.
Ryosuke isn’t just your regular high-school kid — Ryosuke is Bat Boy! He and his fellow sports-star friends secretly battle against the evil invading forces of interdimensional mage Lord Vicious, hellbent on hosting sinister athletic events for his own amusement. When Lord Vicious brainwashes Bat Boy’s fellow squad in order to participate in the Trials of Darkness, it’s up to Bat Boy to traverse a hostile world on his quest to free the minds of his sports-hero squad before they fall victim to the Trials. Along the way, Bat Boy will encounter all manner of allies and goons as he fights his way to the final confrontation with Lord Vicious.
- Traverse glorious, nostalgic 8-bit backdrops.
- Engage in exciting baseball-style combat.
- Explore a vast world of unique and exciting environments, ultimately leading to a showdown with one of Bat Boy’s brainwashed allies!
- Take on the powers of each ally as you free them from the influence of Lord Vicious!
- Hum and bob your head along to high-octane chiptunes from Evader Music, composer for Smelter and Super Sami Roll.
- Battle dozens of enemies and exciting bosses, and encounter intriguing companions!
- Find hidden secrets, collectibles, unlockable music, and more!