Pokémon Co. ships over 480 million units of software worldwide
Pretty good for a so-called fad
The Pokémon Co. has updated a number of stats concerning its business, which has obviously been booming since things kicked off 25 years ago. Not surprisingly, the reach of the Pokémon brand continues to grow exponentially.
According to the latest report from the Pokémon Co., they have now shipped over 480 million units of software worldwide. This figure includes absolutely every piece of software featuring Pokémon that released on multiple pieces of hardware over the years, and is a whopping 40 million units larger than last year!
Along with that figure, Pokémon Co. also shared some other interesting stats. You can see the breakdown for those details below.
- the Pokémon videogame series has officially be translated into 9 different languages
- the Pokémon TCG has produced over 52.9 billion cards
- the Pokémon TCG has been officially translated into 14 different languages
- the Pokémon TCG is sold in 89 countries and regions around the world
- the Pokémon anime has aired in 192 countries and regions around the world