Zelda and Switch dominate
The numbers have been crunched and the data’s been sifted through, and we now have the breakdown of game industry sales in Japan for May 2023. Let’s kick things off with a look at the top 6 software sales in Japan last month.
01./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom #
02./04. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
03./00. [PS4] Hogwarts Legacy #
04./01. [NSW] Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe
05./03. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet #
06./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild #
Along with that, we also have a breakdown of the hardware side of things for the month.
- Nintendo Switch: 344.934 units sold (337.464 units sold in April)
- PlayStation 5: 170.745 units sold (215.561 units sold in April)
Finally, we also have a breakdown of sales by publisher as well. Here’s who made the top 3.
- Nintendo: 1,839,000 units sold
- WB Games: 48,000 units sold
- The Pokémon Company: 42,000 units sold