The gang at Circana (formerly NPD) have shared the results of a recent study that takes a look at just how many gamers in the United States are female, and the results might surprise some.
Circana tracked consumer awareness and engagement across a rotating sample of approximately 10k US households, and all those surveyed are over the age of 13. In their most recent report, Circana broke down the female playerbase here in the states, and here’s what they’ve come up with for 2023 so far.
- 47% of console video game players are female (+1% vs YA)
- 50% of PC video game players are female (+1% vs YA)
- 54% of mobile video game players are female (+1% vs YA)
- 41% of PS5s in the US are female owned
- 45% of Xbox Series consoles are female owned
- 52% of Swich consoles are female owned
- 50% of gaming PCs are female owned
Pretty awesome to see that the Switch has the highest percentage of female players, but the most important takeaway here is that roughly 50% of gamers in the US are female! That figure will be an eye-opener, as many consider gaming to be a male-dominated hobby.