Ternox Games is excited to announce that STONKS-9800, a text-based stock market business simulator set in 1980s Japan, will release on Switch in 2024.
STONKS-9800 mixes visual novel elements and stock market simulator gameplay with retro anime and vaporwave aesthetics inviting you to travel back in time to the economic growth of 80s Japan. The game is designed to channel a chill, nostalgic vibe while still dealing with more serious themes. After all, the 1980s were not just was not just the time of salaryman culture, city pop, pachinko, and izakaya bars, but also the period of the rise of “karoshi”, the overworking death. So enjoy the business growing, but keep your health in check!
- Buy stocks, get dividends, monitor the prices;
- Your decisions affect the market – and your life;
- Keep an eye on your health and do not overwork, lest you end up in the hospital;
- Invest in real estate and cars, increasing your level of comfort;
- Manage your company, having a controlling interest;
- Achieve success as a legal business – or get rich quickly engaging in shady activities;
- Play a variety of mini-games, including pachinko and horse racing betting