Serenity Forge and Dingaling Productions today unleashed indie RPGs LISA: The Painful and LISA: The Joyful to Nintendo Switch through LISA: Definitive Edition, which brings a host of new content, upgrades and quality-of-life enhancements to the iconic, cult classic adventure titles.
Alongside today’s release, Serenity Forge revealed that the series originator, LISA: The First, will be revitalized through a comic book retelling of the game’s events. The comic sheds new light on the enigmatic events of the original game with bold and expressive illustrations in compact, manga-style dimensions. Additional details regarding the comic will be revealed at a later date.
About the game:
Enter the twisted land of Olathe, where the apocalyptic “White Flash” has wiped out all women, leaving behind a ravaged land governed by warlords, imbeciles, and perverts. Embark upon a relentless journey in two parts that forces you to confront yourself through tragedy, comedy and brutality–and do whatever it takes to emerge on the other side with your humanity intact.
- HD graphics and pixel-perfect integer scaling.
- 120 FPS mode for PC and current-gen consoles.
- Brand-new campfire conversations, so you can mourn the permanent deaths of party members even more deeply.
- New enemies and formidable bosses that will push your skills to the limit.
- New quests featuring never-before-seen battles and dialogue.
- New stories and multiple endings that offer fresh perspectives on the intricate world of LISA.
- Updated battle systems introducing new “Warlord Skills,” updated timed attacks, and UI overhauls.
- New border art overlays for wide-screen viewing.
- A new music player to listen to your favorite tracks and 20+ new Definitive Edition-exclusive songs.
- Painless (story) mode for a more accessible and narrative-focused playthrough.
- Controller features utilizing Nintendo Switch HD Rumble, PlayStation DualSense haptics, light bar, adaptive triggers and DualShock 4/DualSense speaker audio.
- Many secrets and hidden surprises waiting to be found.