Publisher Microids and IMPS unveil today a new video for the 3D adventure/platform video game, The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone. Premiered at San Diego Comic Con on July 22nd, this new video reveals new environments and the evil Stolas!
Developed by OSome Studio, The Smurfs 2: The Prisoner of the Green Stone is an all-new story releasing digitally November 2nd, 2023 for Nintendo Switch. The game retail version is expected November 14th in North America.
About the game:
Handy Smurf has created a revolutionary invention: SmurfoMix! However, it’s missing a key ingredient, the Green Stone, which lays in the greedy clutches of Gargamel.
He sets off on a mission to retrieve the famous Green Stone, a key ingredient that would greatly help him improve his invention, from Gargamel’s laboratory. But a fatal misstep causes it to explode, its fragments scattering throughout the Cursed Land. In addition to unleashing into the wild its incredible powers to copy and decompose matter, the Green Stone has set free the evil Stolas, a new order bent on creating a reign of terror.
A crack team of 4 Smurfs must then adventure to save the Cursed Land from the mighty Stolas! Well equipped, the Smurfs can count on the SmurfoMix and an unexpected ally… Gargamel himself!
- Meet the team of 4 iconic Smurfs: Handy, Brainy, Dimwitty, and Storm.
- An accessible and intuitive gameplay that will delight both Smurf fans and action/platforming fans.
- Enjoy dynamic gameplay with exploration, platforming, and even more intense combat thanks to the SmurfoMix!
- For the first time in a video game, collaborate with Gargamel! Use his teleporters to travel through the Cursed Land and discover 3 brand new unexplored regions.
- Collect various resources to improve the Smurfomix throughout your adventure!
- Embark on the adventure with a friend or family partner in co-op mode.
- A new story which respects the franchise, set in a beautiful, well-crafted colorful universe!