Now you're playing with power...mechanical power!
While the Famicom might be 40 years old and the NES right behind it, there’s still legions of Nintendo fans who look back on both platforms fondly. Hell, there are even developers out there cooking up new experiences for Nintendo’s legendary hardware! If you happen to be someone who absolute adores the NES or Famicom, you might very well be interested in what the gang at 8BitDo is working on.
While 8BitDo is known for all sorts of controllers and accessories for both modern and legacy platforms, they’re shifting a little bit with their latest efforts. If you spend a lot of time at your PC working or playing, you might be interested in a new pair of keyboards 8BitDo has in the works. If you’re a bigtime Nintendo fan, it might be hard to resist these items!
8BitDo has revealed two mechanical keyboards, and they come in NES and Famicom styles. The keyboards, priced at $100 a pop, will arrive in very late September of this year. Here’s a breakdown of what they include:
- Connnect via Bluetooth, wireless 2.4G, or wired.
- 87-key layout. Kailh Box Switch V2 White. Dye-sub PBT keycaps.
- Top mount style. Hot-swappable PCB. Support n-key rollover.
- Dual Super Buttons - offer large, programmable keys. Map anything to the Super Buttons instantly without using software.
- Classic power status LED, with independent control panel.
- Supports 8BitDo Ultimate Software V2 for custom keyboard mapping.