Another great month for Switch
August is officially behind us, and it brought with it another wave of big-name games and more. Over in the UK, the numbers have been crunched and we now know what titles gamers were flocking to. Let’s start things off with the top 10 software sales in the UK for August 2023, which you can see below.
There’s also a few notes to share on software sales in general, which you can read below.
- FIFA 23 was the best-selling game of August, driven by a surge in sales for Switch version
- Quake II reached No.12 last month
Finally, we have some stats on hardware sales in the UK for August 2023 as well.
- over135,000 consoles were sold last month, a rise of 22% over July and up 8% over Aug. 2022
- PS5 posted a 42% jump in sales month-on-month, securing the #1 spot
- Switch dropped 5% month-on-month during August, and overall sales are down 10% YoY
- Switch secured the #2 spot in hardware sales
- Xbox Series S and X sales were up 7% compared with July, but are down 23% year-to-date