Soccer scores a goal
The latest gaming sales data for Europe have come in, and it gives us a look at how things went down in September of 2023. Let’s kick things off with the top 20 software sales of the month. Please note that Nintendo titles mentioned in the top 20 do not include digital sales, while other titles do.
We also have some general info on hardware and industry-wide sales for the month as well.
- videogame sales dropped 16% over September 2023
- EA Sports FC 24 is 10% down compared with the launch of FIFA 23 last yea
- NBA 2K24’s opening three weeks on sale are down 17% compared with NBA 2K23
- Mortal Kombat 1’st first 3 week sales are down 39% when compared to Mortal Kombat 11
- hardware sales were up nearly 38% compared with the same four weeks in 2022
- 416,000 games consoles were sold across the participating markets
- Switch sales were down 28% compared with last September
- PS5 was #1 in terms of units sold, Switch was #2 and Xbox was #3