The future of Nintendo
In Nintendo’s latest fiscal results briefing, the company shared a look at their environmental, social and governance initiatives. You can see a detailed breakdown of their goals below.
- the overall goal for Nintendo is putting smiles on the faces of everyone Nintendo touches
- regarding the environment, Nintendo says not only do they take energy efficiency and resource efficiency into consideration when designing products, but they also implement environmentally conscious initiatives like conserving resources and reducing CO2 emissions in the subsequent stages of manufacturing, transportation, sales, and after-sales services
- Nintendo is moving forward with initiatives like expanding the use of renewable energy and the efficient utilization of resources
- Nintendo is not only working internally, but also engaging with production partners and other stakeholders to reduce the environmental impact of their entire supply chain
- Nintendo designs products for safety and disseminates information to help consumers use them more safely
- Nintendo works to expand adoption of the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app to ensure a healthy gameplay environment for children and promote CSR procurement activities throughout the supply chain
- among employee initiatives, Nintendo are working to enhance and promote the use of our human resources system to create an environment where all employees can reach their full potential.
- Nintendo strive to foster a working environment that not only invigorates communication between the company and employees and energizes employee relationships, but also one that builds understanding and trust between everyone involved
- in the area of governance, Nintendo are working to promote diversity by appointing women and non-Japanese people to director roles, sharing further value with shareholders by introducing a stock-based compensation system, and continuing to disclose information fairly and in a timely and appropriate manner
- Nintendo will continue working to build long-term relationships with each of their consumers, and through uniquely Nintendo entertainment offerings, work to put smiles on the faces of as many people as possible