Switch performance continues to impress
The latest gaming sales data for Europe have come in, and it gives us a look at how things went down in October of 2023. Let’s kick things off with the top 10 software sales of the month. Please note that Nintendo titles mentioned in the top 10 do not include digital sales, while other titles do.
Next, we have some general info on software and industry-wide sales for the month as well.
- 10.21 million games were sold across Europe in Oct. 2023, a slight drop of 2.3% year-on-year
- sales of EA Sports FC 24 were 10% lower than last year’s FIFA 23
- Super Mario Bros Wonder sales were double Super Mario Odyssey
- Super Mario Bros. Wonder sales were 59% bigger than Super Mario 3D All-Stars
- Super Mario Bros. Wonder sales were nearly 53% bigger than Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
- Super Mario Bros Wonder is the fastest selling Super Mario game in Europe
- New titles charting in the top 40 in Oct. 2023 include Metal Gear Sold: Master Collection Volume 1 (No.16), EA Sports UFC 5 (No.17), Detective Pikachu Returns (No.32), and Sonic Superstars (No.33)
- EA Sports FC 24 was No.1 in most markets
- the second best-selling game of October in France is Super Mario Bros Wonder
- with peripherals and accessories, 1.14 million products were sold across tracked markets (down 3.6% year-on-year), while wallet/point card sales are down 4% to 969,818 units sold
Finally, we have data on the hardware side of things.
- PS5 was #1, with sales up 143% over Oct. 2022
- Switch was #2 despite a 20% drop year-on-year
- Xbox was #3, with sales down 52% year-on-year
- Switch sales are up 10% from September