Relationships matter both off and on the field
Today, ATLUS and Vanillaware released additional information about their highly anticipated tactical RPG Unicorn Overlord. In the latest info drop, the team shares more details on the game’s social activities as well as details on the protagonist’s allies, including Gilbert, Virginia, Berengaria and Aramis.
From the creators of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Odin Sphere and Dragon’s Crown, Unicorn Overlord shines in combining overworld exploration and an innovative battle system in the iconic Vanillaware style. Traverse the vibrant world, cultivate a grand army with over 60 uniquely designed characters, and grow your renown throughout the five nations in this unique epic fantasy experience!
Unicorn Overlord is rated T and will be available on March 8, 2024 for Nintendo Switch. You can get today’s complete info drop below.
Gilbert (Protagonist’s Ally): The crown prince of Drakenhold whose father was slain fighting the Zenoiran army.
Virginia (Protagonist’s Ally): A survivor of the Cornian royal family and niece of Queen Ilenia and older cousin of Alain.
Berengaria (Protagonist’s Ally): Former leader of the Tricorn Mercenaries who established her own band of mercenaries only to abruptly disband the group and disappear.
Aramis (Protagonist’s Ally): A mercenary from Drakenhold hired by the Zenoira army who speaks elegantly, but knows their way around a blade as well.
- deepen your bonds through battles, meals, and other activities
- grow bonds to unlock special conversations and increase stats
- the degree of affinity between characters
- certain character pairings can also trigger special Rapport Conversations
- increased by having characters fight within the same unit
- if you form a unit with high levels of mutual Rapport, you gain a Rapport bonus
- Rapport can also be built by sharing meals at taverns in the larger walled cities
- the number of participants and the amount of Rapport received vary based on the meal
- characters assigned to guard a town can be given gifts
- gifts will build the guard character’s Rapport with Alain
Ring of Covenant
- the Ring of the Unicorn held by Alain has a counterpart, the Ring of the Maiden
- max out Alain’s level of Rapport with a character and they can get the Ring of the Maiden
- this lets them perform the Rite of Covenant, where parties pledge fealty to each other forever