Steady as she goes
In 2023, MINTROCKET’s Dave the Diver and Black Salt Games’ DREDGE sailed into the collective hearts of gamers all around the world with their seafaring adventures that are as exceptional as they are different and a surprise collaboration between the two was revealed at The Game Awards 2023.
New fish types, new recipes, and a new NPC all from the world of DREDGE are to be added to Dave the Diver via the free Dave the Diver - Dredge Content Pack, which will be available today on Switch.
Both single-player fishing adventures have amassed massive followings with OVERWHELMINGLY POSITIVE cumulative scores on Steam. While Dave the Diver features some rightfully scary encounters, the new crossover DLC brings DREDGE’s special brand of horror to the Blue Hole. The free DLC brings the critical and community-acclaimed titles together, adding new gameplay and content:
- A new “Fog” weather event, which introduces the DREDGE content later in the game
- Drive Dave’s boat similar to DREDGE gameplay, choosing different diving spots
- Catch Aberrations, unique creatures with diverse attack patterns
- New night map to explore
- New weapon, the Drain Gun (can be created using Aberrant material)
- New “Hooded Figures” to serve at Bancho Sushi using unique dishes created from Aberrant fish
If you’d like to see the patch notes that come along with this update, you can find the complete breakdown here.