Beware the rat king
Odd Bug Studio and United Label has today released ‘Bright Fir Forest’, a free and extensive new expansion to the critically-acclaimed, anthropomorphic adventure-RPG, Tails of Iron. Set after the climactic events of the base campaign, ‘Bright Fir Forest’ sees Rat King Redgi invited by the Squirrels to celebrate the Festival of Leaf Fall… while a new foul and revenge-seeking adversary stands to ruin the celebrations.
In addition to 13 new quests – four story quests and nine side quests, each with their own formidable bosses to overcome – that take Redgi to the heart of Castle Drey, the ancestral home of the Squirrels, Bright Fir Forest also debuts three new challengers at the Mole Arena for the King to vanquish. Furthermore, players will have an even greater choice of weaponry and armour available to forge and use on the battlefield (96 in total), together with more options to customise Redgi’s seat of power – The Crimson Keep – with eight new cosmetic upgrades available. Four new music tracks also feature in an expanded soundtrack, along with three extra achievements/trophies to unlock.
- Explore a vast & treacherous kingdom with its own distinct biomes, hidden paths, and secrets
- Master brutal combat inspired by the Soulslike genre, and unleash brutal executions
- Immerse yourself in a compelling story narrated by award-winning actor Doug Cockle
- Customise Redgi’s attack style with a vast array of distinct weapons and armour
- Assemble a band of brave companions ready to aid the young king on select missions
- Complete side quests to earn additional gold-on-the-side
- Unearth special blueprints to forge new and powerful weapons
- Overcome savage boss fights against the Frog Clan’s deadly, oversized generals
- Experience extensive end-game gameplay with two free post-campaign expansions: ‘Bloody Whiskers’ and the brand-new ‘Bright Fir Forest’
Crimson Knight, downloadable content previously only available with the physical edition of Tails of Iron, is also being released separately for the first time. The premium DLC – which features three new armour skins, weapons skins, shield skins, and helmet skins, launches globally today on all platforms, except for Nintendo Switch in Europe, which follows shortly in early 2024.