Alisa...where are you...
Elite Royal Agent Alisa - hot on the heels of a notorious thief in a fantastical world somewhat reminiscent of the 1920s - finds herself suddenly whisked away to an old, bizarre, Victorian-style mansion. Haunted by the by the mansion’s strange, mechanized doll-like inhabitants and trapped in a world upside-down, Alisa has only one priority: survive and escape. But can she do this with her humanity intact?
Publisher and expert porting studio Top Hat Studios, Inc., and developer Casper Croes are pleased to announce the worldwide, long awaited release on Switch of the cult-classic 90’s homage survival horror, Alisa.
A fan favorite amongst retro, low-poly and survival horror enthusiasts, Alisa is a genuine throwback to PS1 and N64 style gaming - complete with pre-rendered backgrounds, a whopping 480p resolution (with the ability to render in an even more amazing 240p being investigated), and fixed camera angles. For player comfort, the choice between classic tank controls or modern control styles is available in-game.
Originally developed in Unity 5 - an extremely old version of the popular engine, almost a decade old - Alisa required the use of several engine and technological innovations in order to make the game compatible with modern console systems. The game runs faithfully to the original on all platforms, and the port team is proud of the end result. This Developer’s Cut contains all updates and new content previously added to the PC version, as well as numerous fixes and quality of life optimizations.
- Classic Survival Horror gameplay
- Real pre-rendered backgrounds and authentic low-poly models presented in a mindblowing 480p
- Currency, items, and outfits with unique player stats boosts
- Weapon load-outs, ranging from a sabre to a blunderbuss to an SMG
- A large variety of enemies and locations with surprises around every corner!
- Choice between modern or classic tank-controls movement styles
- A weird sense of humour
- A nostalgic trip to the late 1990s, right down to the voice acting