NPD results for April 2022: Switch #1 once again
Can't stop the Switch!
The NPD results for April 2022 have come in, and once again we see that Nintendo was the best-selling platform. Furthermore, the Switch is the best-selling gaming hardware overall in the United States for the entirety of 2022 so far.
For more details on Switch sales, as well as the top 20 software sales overall, top 20 Switch game sales and more, check out the stats below.
Top 20 software sales: April 2022
Top 20 software sales: Year-to-Date
Top 10 software for the 12 months ending April 2022
Top 10 Switch games for April 2022
Overall industry figures and accessory data
- April 2022 spending on hardware, content and accessories declined 8% to $4.3 billion
- Year-to-date 2022 spending is 8% lower year-on-year at $18.3 billion
- hardware dollar sales increased 16% year-on-year to $343 million
- Year-to-date spending on hardware fell 9% to $1.5 billion
- April 2022 spending on accessories declined 10% year-on-year to $151 million
- Year-to-date video game accessory spending has fallen 15% to $743 million