Switch was the #1 hardware in Europe for April 2022, software sales detailed
Another big month for Switch
The sales stats for Europe have come in, and there’s a lot to sift through. There’s hardware and software sales figures to discuss, plus some talk about accessories and more. We’ll kick things off with the top 20 software sales across Europe, and then get into the finer points.
10 out of the top 20 games in Europe appear on the Switch, which is a pretty great figure to see! Of that, 6 of those titles can only be found on Switch, so the Switch-exclusives are definitely pulling fans in.
As for hardware, the Switch was once again the #1 platform in Europe. This marks the seventh consecutive month that the Switch topped the charts across Europe.
As for accessories and other monthly stats, you can find a round-up of information below.
- 290,000 consoles were sold in Europe during the month
- one million accessories were sold in the same time period
- 10.8 million games were sold across European markets last month
- 1.48 million wallets and points cards were sold
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is the fastest-selling Lego game released so far
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is the fifth best-selling game of 2022
- Kirby and the Forgotten Lands outsold the previous best-selling Kirby game, Kirby Star Allies, in just over a month
What did Nintendo say to the Switch after seeing these numbers?
"Europe pretty high on those sales charts, kid."
Nintendo is killing it! And kirby too, such a good game, still playing
Too bad Ghostwire: Tokyo isn't on that list....
But I also wonder how long Nintendo can push the Switch before they go for a successor.