Top-down racing game 'You Suck at Parking' announced for Switch, multiplayer details shared
"The only racing game where your goal is to stop!"
Happy Volcano, the developers behind the narrative exploration game The Almost Gone, announced their next project “You Suck at Parking” in August of last year for both PC and consoles, but at the time, platforms weren’t specified. Now, a Nintendo Switch version has officially been confirmed, and the floodgates have also opened on the multiplayer details for the top-down racing game. A release date and pricing has yet to be shared. Check out all the latest info below via the press release and a brand new trailer above.
In development for Xbox, PC, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation, You Suck at Parking ™ is the world’s most extreme parking experience and the only racing game where, inventively, the goal is to stop. Play charges players with racing against the clock as they dash, drift, and ultimately drag their handbrakes as they slam into parking spots in quick time. The top-down racer will feature more than 100 wild levels with ever-increasing difficulty.
The previously unannounced multiplayer mode will allow eight players to take on each other in free-for-all fiesta that transforms the game’s pedal-to-the-metal action into a full-on parking party.
“We’ve been really encouraged by the reaction to You Suck at Parking ™ so far, which has made us even more eager to talk about the game’s exciting multiplayer mode,” says David Prinsmel, Game Director. “Gamers can expect to hear more details about what we have in store - both for multiplayer, and the rest of the game - in the months ahead.”
In You Suck at Parking ™, players will:
- Speed through stages navigating obstacles aplenty before hitting the designated parking spots, all whilst somehow keeping cool, calm, and collected in the process.
- Unlock Car Keys and Parking Tokens with their parking skills to open up new cars and Parking Tokens that serve up new customization options to pimp your ride with.
- Climb the global leaderboards and prove to your friends that you truly do have the power to stop. Maybe not the world, but a car, at least.
- Experience an ever-growing, always-expanding, forever-changing game, where more cars, more biomes, more tracks, and more customisation options are regularly added to the roster.
- You Suck at Parking is in development for Xbox, PC, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation. Stay tuned for future announcements in the months ahead.